What Are You Currently Playing? 5.05: You Are (Not) A Gamer

Started by Avaitor, August 30, 2012, 09:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Cosmonaut on December 04, 2012, 08:48:09 AM
So guys... it appears as though a 3DS is finally in the cards for me this Christmas.

Aside from the obvious "must-haves" (Super Mario 3D Land, NSMB2, Ocarina of Time 3D, Sticker Star), what else should I be on the lookout for? I'd like to get a good start on my library while I have the chance.
Shinobi, Ghost Recon Shadow Wars (especially if you like Advance Wars or Fire Emblem), Kid Icarus Uprising, Rhythm Thief, Final Fantasy Theater Rhythm (or however it's spelled) and Mario Kart 7 are great buys. I also heard good things about Resident Evil Revelations, but I don't know if it's your cup of tea.

Also for the eshop there's Cave Story, Mutant Mudds, Pushmo, Mighty Switch Force, Art Of Balance and a bunch of 3D classics and VC games.

Since it plays DS games you should also get Contra 4 and Henry Hatsworth.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Nel_Annette

Specifically, get the e-shop version of Cave Story; the 2D version. The 2.5D remake they made for 3DS is pretty bad.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Nel on December 04, 2012, 03:55:35 PM
Specifically, get the e-shop version of Cave Story; the 2D version. The 2.5D remake they made for 3DS is pretty bad.
Yeah, that's the one I got. I never understood the point of the 3D one.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Nel_Annette

The busy backgrounds and foregrounds, while cool looking, make it hard to tell what's going on, or where exactly you can or can't jump, and the music sounds worse than the original tunes. Also the character models look off and if you choose to use the sprites instead, they look blurry. What a waste of money that was. Just stick to the original 2D one. It's charming on its own.

gunswordfist

Spark Of Spirit

I've only played the PC, DSiWare, and 3DS eshop versions.

The eshop one is a really good version for portable play.

gunswordfist

Is Assassin's Creed 3 the last game in the series? Or at least the last one for a long time?

Nel_Annette

I think they're pretty dead set on a game a year until everyone's sick of it. It was hinted at in the Vita game that the female protagonists descendant might become the main modern character for the next set of games, but whatever. AC3's ending sucked so much ass.  :unimpressed:

Spark Of Spirit

I wonder if they'll ever make a new PoP game? It seems AC completely stole its spot in the company's portfolio.

gunswordfist

That's what my question was leading to. I hope they go back to Prince Of Persia. I haven't plated any AC game after 2 (which is alright) but it sounds like this series is getting messy and a new PoP could be all kinds of great.

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on December 04, 2012, 07:54:43 PM
I wonder if they'll ever make a new PoP game?
The reboot was basically Free Achievements: The Game - Impossible To Lose Edition, so I hope it's more like the Sands of Time trilogy (quadrilogy?).

Daxdiv

I can say that Assassin's Creed 3 bored the shit out of me. Couldn't even stomach the first hour where you don't play as the guy on the box art. The last game that had that effect on me was Dragon Age Origins.

Nel_Annette

Quote from: Daxdiv on December 04, 2012, 08:20:45 PM
I can say that Assassin's Creed 3 bored the shit out of me. Couldn't even stomach the first hour where you don't play as the guy on the box art. The last game that had that effect on me was Dragon Age Origins.

The saddest thing? As you play as Connor, you realize as the game goes on that Haytham was a far more interesting character.

Daxdiv

Quote from: Nel on December 04, 2012, 08:33:09 PM
Quote from: Daxdiv on December 04, 2012, 08:20:45 PM

The saddest thing? As you play as Connor, you realize as the game goes on that Haytham was a far more interesting character.

FUCK EVERYTHING!