What Are You Currently Playing? 5.05: You Are (Not) A Gamer

Started by Avaitor, August 30, 2012, 09:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Played Crysis for the first time for my birthday today. This is definitely an evolution of Far Cry.

I also played more Super Street Fighter IV today, played as Ibuki then played a few rounds as Ken in Arcade Mode, beat two levels in Moon Diver and tried a Combat School level in MS XX before I left for ny brother's/niece's house.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Kiddington

gunswordfist

Yesterday night and throughout midnight I played Mario Tennis for the 64 for the first time. I played all the matches with or against my baby brother. I also got to play Super Mario 64. I'venever gotten far in that game. It's cool that my middle brother has a 64 and these games. He said he plans on buying more. Hopefully he can get Star Fox 64, both Zeldas, the Bomberman games, Jet Force Gemini and Doom 64 if I'm really lucky.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Grave

So for some reason my internet went out over the weekend (no signal throughout the house).

Anyway, during that time I was playing a little bit of both 3rd Strike and Super Street Fighter 4. Just out of curiousity, I ended up going through Dudley's trials on SSF4 and who would've thought I'd ended up considering that guy to be one of the main characters I'd end up picking. Truth be told I'm still really torn on who I'm going to main in that game. I mean, I have it as Yang and Ken in my signature, but I'm really conflicted. All the characters that I've chosen at some point are viable characters, and they all can be very fun in their own way which is why I'm having a difficult time in sticking with one character.

In a sense, the same can be said about 3rd Strike. I ended up trying out Dudley as well, and thought he was a lot of fun. I will say that 3rd Strike cannot be played using a standard controller, at least for me I can't. I thought the links in SSF4 were tight, my goodness, the links are very tight in 3rd Strike. They are so tight where something as simple as hit-confirming Cr. MK into Super with Ken (in SSF4, this would probably be a little easier to do with FADC) can become a chore. My thumb just won't allow me to do the quarter-circle forward motion twice or fast enough. So imagine trying to do Half-circle motions with Dudley. Unlike SSF4, there are no shortcuts in 3rd Strike.

With that said, though, I spent more time in training mode with both games over the weekend than I've ever done mainly due to boredom, and even then I didn't know how to fully utilize it because I didn't have the internet which also meant no way of practicing combos (couldn't remember any off the top of my head)

I finally got the Xbox 360 back as well, so I may end up firing up Borderlands 2 and Halo Reach this weekend if I don't get too caught up in EVO and SSF4 first.

talonmalon333

So multiple times now I have restarted the original Metal Gear on the MSX, but I can never get past an hour and a half in. I don't know why. :thinkin:

Foggle

The MSX Metal Gears are really hard. You have to make an effort to get into them, but they're worth it.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Foggle on July 11, 2013, 01:17:41 PM
The MSX Metal Gears are really hard. You have to make an effort to get into them, but they're worth it.

Metal Gear 1 hasn't been too hard yet. I just haven't been able to fully get into it. I feel like whenever I start it, I'm totally into it, but lose all interest the moment I turn the game off. It's weird. ???

talonmalon333

Continued Metal Gear and was able to get back into it. Let's hope this keeps up until the end.

Eddy

Foggle

After much goading, I have finally started playing Dark Souls. I tried Demon's Souls when it first came out and hated it, but that was also a very awful period of my life during which I hated everything, so...

I really dig the game. Don't ask me why, though, because I honestly can't tell you.

Nel_Annette

Daxdiv

Quote from: Nel_Annette on July 11, 2013, 06:56:33 PM
Quote from: Eddy on July 11, 2013, 06:02:52 PM
Animal Crossing has basically taken over my life.

This.  :cry:

I also make this claim. This game hasn't left my 3DS ever since I got it.

Well, at least I'm on the road to getting the golden watering can. I got two Jacob Ladder's in my town, which is a good sign.

Nel_Annette

Should find out my friend code. Maybe you guys could hook me up with some apples cherries or peaches? I've chopped down every tree in town and I'm not replanting until I have every type of fruit.

Avaitor

With me and Animal Crossing, I get obsessed for a few months, then just stop playing all together, the odd visit or two aside.

Usually I stop after I collect every fish and fossil.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

If you guys have Friend codes/tags you want to share then head to the gametag thread. Some of us might need to update some info there.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton