What Are You Currently Playing? 5.05: You Are (Not) A Gamer

Started by Avaitor, August 30, 2012, 09:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

If you can make it with DK and Diddy it's not too difficult.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

I went with both and lost Diddy in the process, but rolled down as DK all the way through. I usually ended up getting hit when I first tried, but not this time.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Kiddington

Speaking of DK... man, Fish Food Frenzy is just the worst.

I guess every DKC has their share of utterly cringe-worthy levels. And I haven't even gotten to Lightning Lookout yet.  :cry:

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Avaitor on August 06, 2013, 11:39:18 PM
I went with both and lost Diddy in the process, but rolled down as DK all the way through. I usually ended up getting hit when I first tried, but not this time.
Here's a tip that they changed in the sequels. Diddy's hit-box is smaller than DK's meaning that you should always save Diddy for last in hard levels.

They changed this in the sequels (even DKC3 with Kiddy has the same hit-box as Dixie), but in the first game Diddy has the clear advantage.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Kiddington on August 07, 2013, 12:26:41 AM
I guess every DKC has their share of utterly cringe-worthy levels.
Most games in general do, honestly.

Kiddington

Quote from: Foggle on August 07, 2013, 12:36:42 AM

Yeah, but I tend to find the DKC' series "bad levels" to be that much worse than others.

Blackout Basement, Glimmer's Galleon, Lightning Lookout... all I can say is... :burn:

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Kiddington on August 07, 2013, 12:42:00 AM
Quote from: Foggle on August 07, 2013, 12:36:42 AM

Yeah, but I tend to find the DKC' series "bad levels" to be that much worse than others.

Blackout Basement, Glimmer's Galleon, Lightning Lookout... all I can say is... :burn:
The only level in DKC2 I really can't stand is Animal Antics. My same problem with DKC3 is the one you have to run through as Ellie.

I'm not big on the animal-only levels in general (except for the Rattly levels in 2 which are hop-errific) because they tend to distract from the standard platforming. Though DKC1 doesn't have that problem, I actually don't enjoy using the animals besides Rambi and Enguarde in that game as it is.

Foggle

Nel_Annette

Dr. Insomniac

Micki!

A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'

Peanutbutter

Rented Xenoblade Chronicles off Gamefly. It's actually pretty cool, and I can see why there was hype for it online. The story was a little bit slow in the beginning, but when I got to the part where the party's hometown is ravaged, things picked up real quick.
Spoiler
The part where the main guy Shulk's girlfriend was killed surprised me. I thought for sure they were going to kill off that guy you play in the prologue Dunban, because that's how these kinds of RPGs play out. No, they took out the love interest. Looking forward whatever else the plot has up its sleeve.
[close]

I also love the games gimmick of being able to see an enemy attack in the near future and being able to avoid it.

Nel_Annette

I knew I should have played Xenoblade first. Sorry, people who like it, but The Last Story is boring as fuck.

Foggle

Quote from: Nel_Annette on August 07, 2013, 07:52:06 PM
Sorry, people who like it, but The Last Story is boring as fuck.
The description I'd use would be "shit", actually.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken