What Are You Currently Playing? 5.05: You Are (Not) A Gamer

Started by Avaitor, August 30, 2012, 09:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on November 28, 2013, 07:39:32 PM
Stage 2 was pretty awesome. Total platforming fun, even though it was hard.
Stage 3 was incredibly aggravating. Projectiles and high flying enemies everywhere, usually to interrupt you in mid-jump. And the boss was pretty dumb.

I liked the first two stages, but that one was pretty bad.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on December 02, 2013, 10:46:07 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on November 28, 2013, 07:39:32 PM
Stage 2 was pretty awesome. Total platforming fun, even though it was hard.
Stage 3 was incredibly aggravating. Projectiles and high flying enemies everywhere, usually to interrupt you in mid-jump. And the boss was pretty dumb.

I liked the first two stages, but that one was pretty bad.
And then came stage 4 which was excellent in both design and music.

Such an odd game, but so far it's a good one.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Spark Of Spirit

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

If we're talking about NG3 again, yeah, it's certainly a flawed game, but it's also hardly the shit-stain of the franchise that it has the reputation of being (we have the OTHER NG3 for that title). Truth be told, it's best levels have even better level design than NG2 (NES). It's just that it has a couple of terrible ones as well, which is why it's kind of a mixed bag, but much like the modern NG2, it's a game in which I feel that the pros outweigh the cons by enough to make the game an overall fun experience.

gunswordfist

Beat the Frog boss in Grass Town on Cave Story today. The difficulty stepped up first from Egg Corridor. I think this is the first time a normal enemy killed me. then I killed the Frog boss on the next try.

No-Personality

Minesweeper.

You see... I'm failing to grab The Concept of this game. There is skill involved... yet, it's also partially chance. And, the stupidest damn chance you can take: like its name, you are walking onto a minefield with no clue where the mines are. It half-hooks me in, half infuriates me to the point of vocal outbursting. And I can't friggin' cheat. I want a bigger playing board and more spaces, but they force you to take Way More Bombs. Motherfuckers! If you want to play to test your skills, you'll be irritated by the kamikaze aspect of the game. If you feel like wasting your time losing almost every turn, it will no doubt inconvenience you to suddenly have to think.
Well, I got so burned out on the road
Too many fags, too much blow
And then Mick and I split up and I said,
"Kid, it's time to take a little bit of a hiatus."
So I got myself a gig at the coffee shop
and I love it.
Why don't you take that corner booth,
I'll take your order in a minute...

gunswordfist

On Cave Story, yesterday I beat Omega and today I got all of the Sand Zone dogs except one before meeting Curly. I liked switching things up a little bit. :sly: The last Sand Zone boss gave me a bit of trouble but after a few tries I beat it without much effort near the last try. I just straight up walk towards it and shot it to get the kill. Next I got the Snake in Labyrinth W...and forgot to save at the place I got it. So I went back to kep my Polar Star.Then I beat Monster X on the first try and without getting the medicine. That damn cat isn't too hard if you kill all the enemies before the boss fight starts. I then got Booster 0.2 (?) just because then reloaded so I could skip it for obvious reasons.

Nel_Annette

I got my games in the mail today. And A Link Between Worlds is FANTASTIC! Holy crap I'm loving this.

Spark Of Spirit

Oh wow, if you're loving this... Argh. I can't wait.  :'(

Nel_Annette

They got the range of the sword-swing perfect. They got Link's running speed perfect. The mini-map on the bottom screen looks exactly like ALttP's but as you explore the overworld, you notice all these little changes. And the plot only takes 10 minutes to get started. It's everything I've wanted from a Zelda game for years.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Nel_Annette on December 04, 2013, 10:15:24 PM
They got the range of the sword-swing perfect. They got Link's running speed perfect. The mini-map on the bottom screen looks exactly like ALttP's but as you explore the overworld, you notice all these little changes. And the plot only takes 10 minutes to get started. It's everything I've wanted from a Zelda game for years.
:shakeshakeshake:

Oh man, too good!

Nel_Annette

And of course, the music is fantastic as well. A lot of classic ALttP themes re-imagined here, and of course, the 3D game house theme is here as well.

I got Super Mario 3D World as well, but I'm waiting until I can hang out with my friend tomorrow so we can co-op that mofo.

EDIT: Reached Lorule. What happened when I got there was completely unexpected. Also, I really like how each of the seven sages has an identity and you can sort of tell which OoT sages some of them descended from. It's a nice little touch.

Now that Ravio's willing to sell rather than rent, I kind of want to just grind money to buy everything, because I've died quite a few times and Lorule definitely amps up the difficulty.

Kiddington

I have no idea how I've been able to abstain from playing it for this long, but I don't think I can anymore.

It sounds perfect.