What Are You Currently Playing? 5.05: You Are (Not) A Gamer

Started by Avaitor, August 30, 2012, 09:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

I got past the Core on Cave Story. I love that place's music. Still stuck in my head. Curly had to beat him when all the red on his bar was gone because I was too busy trying to upgrade my weapons. And I made sure I did all the right secret things so i could get to the secret levels.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Nel_Annette

Super Mario 3D World has turned out to be a winner too. Loving this game.

There's a freaking
Spoiler
Mario Kart level. You run a track while the old SNES music plays.
[close]
Made my night. You can tell they enjoyed making this one.

gunswordfist

And yesterday I also got back to Mimiga Village and then to the Egg Corridor. That concludes the part from my sig.

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

Got past Egg Corridor. I completely forgot I had Booster 2.0 so it was harder than it should have been and i got past it without the spur. Only until right after I beat it, I remembered. lol Then i went back and got the Spur and i went back and forth and got Nemesis. Now I am at the Plantation.

gunswordfist

Today I downloaded System Shock Portable and jut got done getting it to work.

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Just got done losing in the last Doctor fight on Cave Story. Ugh, so much going on onscreen.

gunswordfist

Today I finally beat The Doctor (in this playthough) on Cave Story. How well you do against Misery really makes the difference. I got to Hell for the first time in like two years and still can't get past the mini-boss.

Spark Of Spirit

If you are a Star Fox fan and own a 3DS, then you need to get Galaxy Force II on the eshop.

Classic Sega action.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

FUCK ME! I just got to Ballos final form for the first time and died. That was the third time I got to that boss fight at all.(those 3 times would all be today). I'm getting better every time. I got up their with 34 life and the life pot.

Kiddington

Ocarina of Time 3D. Shamefully, I've owned it for about a year now but haven't actually played it much beyond just looking at how pretty everything is.

...but yeah, it's just as great as ever. This game simply refuses to get old.

talonmalon333

Ocarina of Time might be the hardest action adventure game to dislike. It's certainly the hardest Zelda to dislike.

gunswordfist

OK, maybe that wasn't his last form I faced earlier. A couple of minutes ago I died against Ballos again. Ugh, at least I did even better this time. I got to him with full life and farther then ever.

Foggle

I'm playing the new Tomb Raider game based on my girlfriend's recommendation (wouldn't have even touched it otherwise) and, well, it's really good. It's a lot different from what I expected. For one, the unnecessary violence and darkness all but cease after the first hour, and the violent content is nowhere near as graphic or fetishy as I'd been led to believe by previews. Also, while certain parts are very movie-like, they're still quite enjoyable to experience, and don't dominate the game at all. There's a good deal of exploration and the platforming/puzzles feel very similar to previous entries in the series. The bow is extremely satisfying to use and a lot of combat areas can be completed using stealth. The story is also genuinely interesting so far. Pre-release previews really played up the Uncharted-esque moments and "dark 'n edgy" brutality, but the majority of the game isn't even like that at all. A shame to think that horrible advertising and misleading hype almost made me miss out on such a cool action-adventure title.