What Are You Currently Playing? 5.05: You Are (Not) A Gamer

Started by Avaitor, August 30, 2012, 09:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Hippo

Foggle

Quote from: Zac Bertschy's Sex Slave on February 06, 2014, 08:22:24 AM
Why doesn't anyone like Parasite Eve 2.
I like it! I thought the only one people generally didn't was The 3rd Birthday. :o

Daxdiv

Thanks to Pokemon Bank being opened up finally, I was able to complete the National Dex in Pokemon X. All 718 entries. All those mons I wasn't able to get due to not having the right Friend Safari or due to them not being obtainable in the games in any other form. Though Marquis did get me thinking about how easy completing the Dex will be from now on, considering that Bank is going to Nintendo's long term plan for transferring between gens, and when the next gen comes out, I can just deposit my mons into Bank and then into that other game, since I will most likely pay the $5 a year for it. I do recall reading somewhere the Junichi Masuda mentioned that 3DS games had no way of communicating with DS games, so we probably would have had another Gen 2 to Gen 3 incident.

I will say as far as the bank is concerned, my only gripes are why the Bank and the Transporter are 2 different apps and why do we need to use Box 1 in the Gen 5 games? My theory for the former is that it's probably some form of future proofing.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I finally got some time to play again.

I beat Mission's R-04, 05, and 06 on Hard mode, and I'm about at that point in the game where I've for the base mechanics down well enough and am now trying to experiment with more advanced forms of play, like trying to get the enemy attack timings down so that I can counter them more frequently. It's at times like these when action games of this sort are at their most fun. I am also liking this game considerably more on this replay than I did on my first run through it, which is the way that it should be.

I also went back to play some more DMC3, and it was Mission 15, the worst mission on the game. On top of that, it was on DMD mode, and in case any of you guys were wondering why I'm still not done with it yet, it's. not because its hard (of course it's hard, but that's to be expected), but because its not the fun kind of hard. I hate difficulties in which the enemies and bosses are attack sponges, and that's what DMD mode on this game is. I especially hate how enemies being able to Devil Trigger is no longer based on how long it takes you to kill them off before they do, like how it was in the first game on DMD mode. Overall this game's ideal difficulty is Very Hard mode, which I found to be both very challenging but also still very fun.

As for Vanquish, I finally got back to that as well, and I just managed to beat Act 3, which for some reason I thought would be the last actor the game, but then I remembered that ever since Gears of War it had been commonplace for TPS games to have 5 full acts (and even before that, RE4 had 5 chapters), so I guess that it's just a video game thing.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, you guys want to know what fuck-up I just made? When I beat MGRR on Hard mode I accidentally selected New Game to play Very Hard mode instead of doing it through the chapter select. And thus I lost all of the upgrades that I had acquired through 2 full playthroughs of the game. Yes, I certainly feel like a dumb-ass. Luckily this game is short, and now that I'm good enough I can breeze through Normal and Hard mode again in a day each. Still, it sucks being set-back like this, especially when it comes to the collectibles.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I just replayed through the entire game on Normal mode, which really shows you how short yet replay able it all is. My new issue that I ran into has to do with upgrades, though. For some reason I can't buy anything beyond the level 1 upgrades, even though I beat the game again. I DID skip mission R-00, so perhaps I need to complete that as well to gain access to the rest of the upgrades, but if that's not the case then I have a problem here.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I went back and beat File R-00, and sure enough it unlocked the rest of my upgrades. Now I'm replaying through the game on hard mode (again) and I'm really being pretty sloppy this time around, but only because I'm trying to perfect my counters in order to make this difficulty feel a little bit more interesting. Of course that means taking a bunch of hits until I really manage to get my timing down.

Foggle

Playing Hotline Miami. This is a real gem. Excellent gameplay, music, and - surprisingly - story. I love it!

Grave

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on February 08, 2014, 02:11:25 AM
So, you guys want to know what fuck-up I just made? When I beat MGRR on Hard mode I accidentally selected New Game to play Very Hard mode instead of doing it through the chapter select. And thus I lost all of the upgrades that I had acquired through 2 full playthroughs of the game. Yes, I certainly feel like a dumb-ass. Luckily this game is short, and now that I'm good enough I can breeze through Normal and Hard mode again in a day each. Still, it sucks being set-back like this, especially when it comes to the collectibles.

You are not the only one. I also did that, but how it happened with me, I was finishing JSS and decided to do a new game of the main story only to end up saving over my original file (this is the 2nd time it happened). I really don't feel like going through all that stuff again.

Anyway, this is my 4th or 5th Saturday off so I've had a bit more time to fit in some games.

Mass Effect 1
Main game I've been replaying at the moment. Playing on the PS3 (I think I mentioned that I gave my 360 to my brother). Some differences that I've noticed is that the load times are definitely longer on this version, and maybe it's because I can't move my thumb as fast, but when doing the button sequences, it seems like there's not a lot of time or my timing just might be off because I've failed quite a few of them and have been resorting to using Omni-gel. Anyway, I'm playing as male Shepard whose a soldier going the paragon route. Just got Liara into my crew and doing some side missions before I head to Feros.

Warrior's Orochi 3
Ryu Hayabusa is a beast.

Street Fighter x Tekken
In some ways I'm going through a character crisis. I know for certain that I want Hwoarang as my main character, but who to team him up with has been my problem. I've got it down to Asuka, Ibuki, Chun Li, and Cammy. Don't want to go over no more than 4 characters (May try to take it down to 3 characters for the time being)

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well, I forgot to mention that I did actually end up going through the game twice again. But now my problem is that after 4 full playthroughs, I'm kind of burned out on it, so I'll take a break from this game while I'm still trying to finish up Vanquish, and I'll go back to trying to beat DMC3 on DMD mode. I really just want to get it over with at this point. As much as I love this game, I can't stand this difficulty setting.

Foggle

Guys, Dungeon Keeper is free on GOG right now. http://www.gog.com/news/dungeon_keeper_for_free_dungeon_keeper_2_75_off

It's excellent, and old, so it will run on your computer. I highly recommend it!

EDIT: They're also having a sale on Dungeon Keeper 2, old-school D&D-based cRPGs, and some other games as well. Pick 'em up!

Nel_Annette

Etrian Odyssey Untold is beaten, so I feel the time has come to get into the latest Mario And Luigi game.

I also finally got around to Pokemon X again, and did the post-game Looker sidequest. The plot of that was better than anything involving Team Flare. I honestly wish that had been the main plot, but spread out over the whole region instead of just Lumiose. Teaming up with Looker to save Emma and stop a mad scientist, while simultaneously getting gym badges? Would have been awesome. If they had made your rival
Spoiler
the one stuck in the Essentia suit, that would have been a great twist on the whole rival thing.
[close]
Ah, what might have been. Oh well. Also, the Poke transfer thing is convoluted as hell and took me three hours of cartridge switching to get everybody I wanted into X.

Foggle

"I have never been more bored in my life." -- My girlfriend on playing Beyond: Two Souls

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on February 21, 2014, 01:21:10 PM
"I have never been more bored in my life." -- My girlfriend on playing Beyond: Two Souls
Not enough gameplay in your game? Thy expecteth too much from the gaming industry.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 21, 2014, 01:41:25 PM
Quote from: Foggle on February 21, 2014, 01:21:10 PM
Not enough gameplay in your game? Thy expecteth too much from the gaming industry.
Now she's playing Heavy Rain.

"I have to change a baby's nappy in a video game for the PlayStation 3 in the year 2014! What a time to be alive."