Sony to release another PS3 slim(or...the console redesign thread)

Started by Rynnec, September 19, 2012, 12:46:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rynnec

gunswordfist

Can it play PS2 games? That's the only reason why I clicked this thread.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

The only redesigned console I think was improved was the slim PS2. You know, since early PS2s are junk nowadays, these ones actually work right.

Quote from: gunswordfist on September 19, 2012, 10:27:17 AM
Shot in the dark: No.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Commode

I like the phat PS2.  I've owned two of them so far, including the one I have now, and they've worked well.

I think the redesigns of this gen have been improvements honestly, with the exception of the way the PS3 Slim looks.  Both the original PS3 and the original 360 are such big, bulky, and heavy pieces of shit, and given their track record, unreliable as all hell.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Foggle

The PS2 Slim looks awful compared to the fat one IMO.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on September 19, 2012, 08:29:05 PM
You know, since early PS2s are junk nowadays, these ones actually work right.
Mine still works perfectly... Never had any problems with it, ever. A lot of my controllers have broken after light use, though.

Commode

And it may be a minority opinion, but I'm not really a fan of the top loader NES.  Sure, it's easier to insert and remove the carts, but I like my VCR NES more than my top loader.

Eddy

Spark Of Spirit

I have a launch PS2 that doesn't read 85% of game discs (and one memory card slot is busted) and another one that has problems with the blue discs.

I have never had an issue with any other system I've ever owned.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

I've never had an issue with any system. Not even my launch 360! :joy:

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on September 19, 2012, 08:50:20 PM
I've never had an issue with any system. Not even my launch 360! :joy:
Both of my friends even had RRODs.

Someone must have nailed a horseshoe to all your consoles or something.  :P

Commode

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on September 19, 2012, 08:49:11 PM
I have a launch PS2 that doesn't read 85% of game discs (and one memory card slot is busted) and another one that has problems with the blue discs.

I have never had an issue with any other system I've ever owned.
I have a phat PS2 I bought for five bucks from a flea market and most of the games i have for it I got in those bins at GameStop by the registers where the discs are in paper sleeves, and I haven't had any issues at all.

My other phat PS2 was dropped and broke, the case does not stay closed anymore and the top can and does come freely off, but as long as I owned it it worked just fine.  My brother has it now though, so God only knows if it still works.

Rynnec

I never had any problems with any of my consoles either...until my Wii stopped reading discs. :'(

Quote from: gunswordfist on September 19, 2012, 10:27:17 AM

That would make sense, as it would give people more incentive to buy this new model without shelling money for 2 console's. So probably not.

Commode

But hey, you could always download PS2 games off of PSN.  That's good, right?

gunswordfist

Quote from: Comeau on September 19, 2012, 09:03:16 PM
But hey, you could always download PS2 games off of PSN.  That's good, right?
No, no it is not, Commode.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Eddy

My Wii and 360 have both broken on me in the past and I had to get them both repaired. The Wii stopped reading discs and the 360 got the two red lights.

Microsoft wanted something like $100 to fix it but I lied and said I had the RRoD and they fixed it for free.