S: Samurai Jack
T: Trigun
U: Ultimate Muscle
V: Venture Bros.
W: Wolverine And The X-Men
X: X-Men 90s
Y: Yu yu Hakusho
Z: Zoids...the sports/game one.

...I drew a lot of blanks. I'll make changes/additions later.

I like Avatar A LOT more than Avengers. Probably my second favorite non-superhero action cartoon. I would not complain if someone said it was the greatest action cartoon.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well, I'll give it to you that Avatar has a much better conclusion, and I do really enjoy the show overall.

That said, AEMH is just a more re-watchable show for me.

gunswordfist

i think aemh going downhill in later episodes is why i never liked the show as much as a lot of you here.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I liked the second half of season 2 despite it not being as good as what came before it. I was still very entertained for the most part. On top of that, I find that the rest of the show is easy to jump into and enjoy at any time.

Avatar is more designed to be watched from beginning to end, making for more of a commitment to re-watch it, and the first season was personally a bit of a slog for me. I didn't really become a fan until season 2, though for what it's worth it is a great show. I'm not denying that.

gunswordfist

I still like book 1 more than most people but i know it's an unpopular view.

I also think the show's best episodes can be rewatched in any order (except maybe multiparters) because the heroes usually go on interesting adventures within an episode and/or one episode flashbacks happen. i can watch zuko alone, the avatar & the firelord, lake laogai and the blind bandit in any order.

Avaitor

Archer
Batman: The Animated Series
Cowboy Bebop
Droopy (fuck you, I'm counting him)
Ed, Edd n' Eddy
Full Metal Panic
Gargoyles
Huckleberry Hound
Invader Zim
Jonny Quest
King of the Hill
Looney Tunes
Mobile Suit Gundam 0080
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Over the Garden Wall
Powerpuff Girls, The
Quick Draw McGraw
Rocky & Bullwinkle  (maybe Rick and Morty can take this slot if season 2 matches or surpasses the first, though. Or maybe not, I really fucking love moose and squirrel)
Spectacular Spider-Man, The
Tom & Jerry
Underdog?  (I don't even really remember watching Underdog, but I can't really think of anything else)
Venture Brothers, The
Weekenders, The
Yu Yu Hakusho
Zeta Gundam
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

GregX

I didn't like the second half of the second season at all, but I know about Loeb's executive meddling and micro-managing so I refuse to hold it against what Josh, Chris, and Frank did for the first season and a half. As far as I'm concerned that's like holding "The Goliath Chronicles" against the first two seasons of "Gargoyles".

LumRanmaYasha

Great list, Avaitor! I'm a bit surprised you picked Droopy over Dexter or Daria, but I like seeing that old dog get some love regardless.  :)

Both you and E-K's U choices tell me you guys should get on watching Urusei Yatsura sometime.  :sly:

That, or watch Ugly Americans. That show was quite good. 

And you remind me that I still haven't finished Over the Garden Wall yet. I really should get around to that soon.

Spark Of Spirit

A: Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes
B: Batman: The Brave and the Bold
C: Cowboy Bebop
D: Digimon Tamers
E: Ed, Edd, n' Eddy
F: Freakazoid!
G: Gargoyles
H: Home Movies
I:
J: Justice League/Unlimited
K: King of the Hill
L: Looney Tunes
M: Martian Successor Nadesico
N:
O: Outlaw Star
P: Pinky & The Brain
Q:
R: Rocko's Modern Life
S: Spectacular Spider-Man
T: Trigun
U:
V:
W: W.I.T.C.H.
X:
Y: Yu Yu Hakusho
Z:

I don't care about shows enough in the other categories enough to rate them, honestly.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Quote from: Cartoon X on February 23, 2015, 11:06:52 AM
Great list, Avaitor! I'm a bit surprised you picked Droopy over Dexter or Daria, but I like seeing that old dog get some love regardless.  :)
Y'no, I actually put Dexter there first, but then I remembered good ol' Droopy D, who does indeed deserve more appreciation. And I honestly did forget about Daria, but I'm fine with sticking to Droopy, even if his cartoons aren't among my favorites of Tex's.

Both you and E-K's U choices tell me you guys should get on watching Urusei Yatsura sometime.  :sly:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you tell me before to consider watching Maison Ikkoku's anime first, and to read Urusei Yatsura's manga? I have those planned for the not-so-near future.

And you remind me that I still haven't finished Over the Garden Wall yet. I really should get around to that soon.
Oh, you must! I actually almost went with Outlaw Star like most of you, but remembered OTGW at the last minute. I really do want to give OS a rewatch in the near future though. Probably after I do the same for Trigun.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Avaitor on February 23, 2015, 06:56:57 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you tell me before to consider watching Maison Ikkoku's anime first, and to read Urusei Yatsura's manga? I have those planned for the not-so-near future.

I did recommend doing it that way, but I do think you should still watch the UY anime. It's just as great as the manga, and actually sometimes better, but it's not quite as consistent. I've been thinking about elaborating more on my thoughts on the anime in comparison to the manga sometime soon.
Quote from: Avaitor on February 23, 2015, 06:56:57 PM
Oh, you must! I actually almost went with Outlaw Star like most of you, but remembered OTGW at the last minute.

I've seen the first two episodes of OtGW and loved them. I just haven't gotten around to seeing the rest yet, but since I'll have some free days coming up, I'm planning to sit down and marathon through the whole series one night soon.

gunswordfist

Quote from: GregX on February 23, 2015, 06:40:43 AM
I didn't like the second half of the second season at all, but I know about Loeb's executive meddling and micro-managing so I refuse to hold it against what Josh, Chris, and Frank did for the first season and a half. As far as I'm concerned that's like holding "The Goliath Chronicles" against the first two seasons of "Gargoyles".
Understandable. I do need to give the show a rewatch. It doesn't really have anything that I hate and I wouldn't argue with anyone who would say that it has the best cast out of any animated series (or at least best protagonist team in one), I just didn't like it overall as much as most here.

Pharass

I figured it was about time that I updated my list. So, here's my current list of favorites. Enjoy (or not, its all up to you).
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

gunswordfist

QuoteScooby Doo: Mystery Inc.

:srs: Seriously, reading your list now. :thumbup:

LumRanmaYasha

Wow, great list man! I'm really glad to see you love Ashita no Joe, Mushi-shi, Paranoia Agent, Steven Universe, Gankutsuou, and Revolutionary Girl Utena so much, among others. I would have never figured the latter was your favorite animated series either, but it's definitely a damn great show. Though I'm surprised LOGH is fairly low on your list, as I would have expected it in your top ten considering the praise you've given it on the board before. :D