Shinobi - The 25th Anniversary Thread!

Started by Spark Of Spirit, November 22, 2012, 10:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Dalek

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on November 24, 2012, 03:58:36 PM
Yo man, you forgot Nightshade. That's basically a Shinobi game, and it's pretty good too. Awesome thread otherwise!

Quote from: Lord Dalek on November 24, 2012, 03:52:13 PM
Phantasy Star disagrees.
And Ryu ga Gotoku.
I've never played Yakuza and I tried to sit down and play PS1 or 2 and I just couldn't do it. I quit it even faster than the first Final Fantasy and Dragon Warrior, Quest or whatever the fuck it's called.

Since I've never completed any other Sega series and 3D Sonic sucks for the most part, I'd have to go with Streets Of Rage, especially if we ignore the US/Europe version of 3 and focus on the awesomeness that is the original Japanese version. :sly:
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

The Shinobi series only really had one awful game. Sonic can't quite claim that even if we only stuck to the Genesis era.

Quote from: Lord Dalek on November 24, 2012, 03:52:13 PM
Phantasy Star disagrees.
Universe? Portable 1? Zero? III?
Quote from: Foggle on November 24, 2012, 03:58:36 PM
And Ryu ga Gotoku.
Six excellent entries in a row is great, I'll give you that. But consistent quality over 25 years?

Not to knock either series though, I'm a fan of both.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on November 25, 2012, 07:08:04 PM
Six excellent entries in a row is great, I'll give you that.
Dead Souls did kind of break the chain, else it'd be seven (and soon, eight), but it really isn't that bad.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on November 25, 2012, 07:32:32 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on November 25, 2012, 07:08:04 PM
Six excellent entries in a row is great, I'll give you that.
Dead Souls did kind of break the chain, else it'd be seven (and soon, eight), but it really isn't that bad.
OH. Oh. oh.... I forgot all about that one. But every series is allowed their own Mario Hotel as far as I'm concerned. But in my opinion the Shinobi series is Sega's most consistent overall.

Though my favorites are probably still Sonic and OutRun.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Dead Souls is a good game, mostly. It's more Super Mario Bros. 2 or Mario Sunshine than Hotel Mario.

Lord Dalek

Spark Of Spirit