Talk about life.

Started by talonmalon333, December 29, 2010, 11:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Yeah, just about all of our local Checkers closed down, aside form one that's about 20 minutes away. Once a week or so I drive down there to treat myself.

And there are some good local ice cream places here. One place at the mall can make a milkshake out of any ice cream flavor they have, even Superman, my favorite.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

I wish I had places like that around here, but unfortunately I don't. :(
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Eh, you have Tim Hortons, so it evens out.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

talonmalon333

Milkshakes = Win

Thankfully, I have plenty of good/great/awesome places nearby.

Kiddington

Quote from: Avaitor on March 14, 2012, 08:56:06 PM
Eh, you have Tim Hortons, so it evens out.

Really.

Man, I miss Tim Hortons so much (yeah, we had 'em back in Michigan; Metro Detroit, aka the suburbs where it isn't a hellhole, is pretty much Canada-lite). Also funny that you guys mention Rally's/Checkers/whatever you want to call it (I'm used to Rally's); I was actually just craving that the other day. Too bad we don't have those here either.  :(

We do have Jack in the Box, though, so I guess that's one thing out here that I didn't have back home. Speaking of which, I should go there again; it's been ages.

Commode

We have a Tim Hortons on base(conjoined with a Cold Stone Creamery), it's the only one in Virginia and one of the only ones in the US, besides the aforementioned Detroit ones and one on a military base in Kentucky.

Also have both Checkers and Rallys around here, although they are like 30-45 minutes apart.

One thing though is that I have not seen one proper Dairy Queen around here.  All the ones here are like mini-DQ's, in that they only sell like half the menu.  Kinda sucks really.

But fuck you to anyone that has a Jack in the Box. I miss it greatly, and every time I go home I make sure to get it.  Seriously, I love Chick-Fil-A, but I'd happily trade every single one of them here(there's quite a few around here too) for a couple of Jack's, that's how much I miss that damned clown.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

We used to have a Dairy Queen close to where my campus is, although it closed down back when I was in elementary school. It's a Tropical Smoothie now, but idk if you guys get those where you are.

There's another one that also isn't too far from my campus, but it's on the opposite direction from where I live so I never really go there.

New blog!

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Jack in the Box is okay. I don't really like the meat they use for their burgers, but the chicken sandwiches and curly fries and that god tier breakfast platter they serve make up for everything else. As for Dairy Queen, I haven't been there in years due to how expensive it is now, but my dad and I used to have a contract with one in the summer of 2002 and those dudes would often give us the day old ice cream they were going to throw out. That summer we were rolling in icey goodness.

talonmalon333

Guess what I'm in the mood for now.

Spark Of Spirit

Every time I read this page I get hungry.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

Well, for a bit that won't make you hungry, one of my supervisors decided to nominate yours truly as "Best Service Clerk" in this award thing they do every year. I will get more information on that on Monday since my supervisor told me that there would be a luncheon with all the other nominees for different awards at my job on Monday.

Commode

Got me some Rally's.  Probably going to go get some Tim Horton's for breakfast tomorrow, you know donuts and such.  Nom nom.

Nel_Annette

I have never even heard of any of those. XD All we have in my town are the things you'd expect. The McDonalds, the Burger Kings, Wendy's, Dairy Queen, Taco Bell, Subway, etc.

Commode

Yeah, but you do have Culver's, right?  I know they are in that part of the country, because I used to eat them when I lived in Chicago.  They were pretty good.

Nel_Annette

We do have Culver's, but I never knew how far into the rest of the country they're spread out into. Anybody else have Toppers? Fantastic pizza chain. They pretty much only do specialty pizzas, but I don't know if it's a local thing or not.