Talk about life.

Started by talonmalon333, December 29, 2010, 11:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

Glad she's doing well. Hope she feels all better soon!

In other news, I have apparently chosen to get sick three days before I have to attend a cousin's wedding. Is it scientifically possible that I subconsciously chose to get sick to myself just to be a minor nuisance to myself?

Avaitor

It's good to know that she's feeling okay, and I hope she gets even better soon!
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Lord Il

It always tends to be a worry as parents age and health concerns suddenly become more of a common thing.

Just ensure she's doing the necessary stuff to regulate her blood pressure accordingly. A little reminder of this once in a while can't hurt.

Foggle

Quote from: Peanutbutter on February 26, 2014, 10:37:23 AM
Mom got out of the hospital Monday. Apparently she just extremely high blood pressure. Her eye is still swollen from an infection, and her blood has spiked a bit but thankfully she's fine.
That's excellent!

talonmalon333

Hey guys. Just spent the last 24 hours at a really nice hotel. It was for one of my cousin's wedding. Now I'm back.

King Hippo

These past few years have been terrible for me, but I think I'm finally turning a corner.

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Still no luck for me in job hunting. I really want to line something up before I graduate in May, but it's looking less and less likely as time goes on. Unfortunately, the surplus of pharmacists coming out these days makes it a much less in demand field than it was just a decade or so ago.

On the bright side, at least I AM graduating. I really dint think I'd be able to make it through 6 intense years of studies, but somehow I managed it. Now I just need to pass the NAPLEX and my state board exam and I'm set (as far as getting my license goes).

Spark Of Spirit

Congrats on that, since you seemed to work so hard for it. Here's hoping you find employment sooner than later.  :)

Avaitor

I'm also having problems finding a job, but right now I'm not as interested in looking because I'm working on applications for universities and I have family coming over who I might never get to see again after this last trip.

So there go my priorities.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Avaitor on March 28, 2014, 07:19:40 PM
I'm also having problems finding a job, but right now I'm not as interested in looking because I'm working on applications for universities and I have family coming over who I might never get to see again after this last trip.

So there go my priorities.
Oddly enough I'm also hoping to get into a university for fall, though I'm still waiting to see some people. Here's hoping you get through as well!

My aunt is also about ready to go in for an operation so I hope that works out as well. Hospitalization can be tough.

Dr. Insomniac

Huh. You guys going to university for what?

Avaitor

My aunt and uncle are in their 70's, so we're really afraid that they won't be able to have another visit. They also live in the UK, so it's not like we can afford to go up to see them. They only really can because my cousin's a pilot, and is able to help them with reasonable tickets to and from.

They're great people though, and I'm glad to see them again.

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on March 28, 2014, 07:39:11 PM
I'm trying to get into a couple of different film programs, but the ones around here that I'm hoping for are hard to get accepted into, so I'm also working on a coupe of English choices in case they don't accept me.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

I hope your visit works out, Avaitor.

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on March 28, 2014, 07:39:11 PM
Mostly Catholic Studies but also for literature and for writing... also, so I can find a window to move out of the province. I don't really like living where I am and politically it isn't looking too good around here. There's a whole host of reasons, actually.