The Sega Thread

Started by gunswordfist, March 12, 2013, 07:27:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Hmm...

Quote from: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/07/07/sega-says-learning-from-atlus-will-help-it-restore-trust-with-fans.aspx"As far as the Western market goes, we learned a lot from Atlus," says Sega president and CEO Hajime Satomi. "If we can make a title with proper quality, I believe there's a good chance for it to do well even in the West for players that like to play Japanese games."

Satomi also says that he recognizes over the last decade, Sega has "partially betrayed" the trust of long-time fans. Sega may have something to announce at Tokyo Game Show this year, but Satomi recognizes that its shift to greater quality and its efforts to make amends to fans will be a longer endeavor.

Spark Of Spirit

That's going to be pretty difficult.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

If Sega gets their shit together, that could seriously help me love games almost as much as I used to. They were my favorites.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Should I get Revenge Of The Shinobi or Shadow Dancer?

Also, would I be better off getting Sega Vintage Collection: Monster World (Wonder Boy in Monster Land, Wonder Boy in Monster World, and Monster World IV) for 10 bucks on XBLA or Wonder Boy in Monster World and Wonder III: Monster Lair for $6 on Steam?

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on October 14, 2015, 07:50:15 PM
Should I get Revenge Of The Shinobi or Shadow Dancer?
It really depends. Revenge of Shinobi is extremely hard, but is one of the best games on the Genesis. The controls are not as expansive as Shinobi III's, but it's also quite a different game from it.  Shadow Dancer is structured after the original arcade game and deals in one hit deaths out the wazoo. It depends on which you'd prefer playing.

Quote from: gunswordfist on October 14, 2015, 07:50:15 PMAlso, would I be better off getting Sega Vintage Collection: Monster World (Wonder Boy in Monster Land, Wonder Boy in Monster World, and Monster World IV) for 10 bucks on XBLA or Wonder Boy in Monster World and Wonder III: Monster Lair for $6 on Steam?
The first deal is WAY better. Monster Land is a really tough, but really unique arcade game, Monster World is an excellent Metroidvania, and Monster World IV is one of the best Genesis games by far and this is the first time it's ever been released here.

Monster Lair is good, but it is a much different game from the usual Monster World games.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Thank you, man. You're a life saver.

I'll have to really think over the Shinobis. I played Revenge Of The Shinobi as a kid and really loved the level design. But I've never played Shadow Dancer before and it looked kind of interesting on a stream I recently watched. Decisions decisions.

Foggle

Quote from: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/11/rumour_leading_japanese_game_company_kidnapped_devs_sister_to_stop_them_from_working_with_nintendoMy younger sister was kidnapped. [REDACTED] hired some gangsters to do it. They did it to make me stop cooperating with Nintendo.

In Japan, you have these evil companies that always crop up, and unlike the West, in Japan there's a perception that "play" is bad, the opposite of hard work. So amusement-oriented industries inevitably become infested with evil companies and ties to the underworld. Take arcades, for example. In legal terms, they're covered under laws regarding the entertainment and amusement trades. So they're managed under the same laws that regulate the adult, or "pink", industry. Because of that, the underworld gets involved. The only companies that have been able to do business while staying clean are probably Nintendo and Namco.

It was one of their game machines. I dropped it in front of their offices, smashed it. And I told them that one of their employees would be next. To show them that I was serious. That way they would feel ashamed of their actions, you know? It was easy for me to get a [REDACTED] arcade cabinet cheaply, so I bought one from a distributor. I thought about robbing a [REDACTED] arcade, too, but that's much more difficult, and that would make me a criminal. With what I ended up doing, I could have been charged with something like unlawful dumping of garbage, but that's a minor offence. Whereas if I had robbed a [REDACTED] arcade, I would have been arrested. [REDACTED] was well-versed in using the underworld to get what they want, so if you're going up against them, you have to be smart. They're a big company, so if you try to fight them with ordinary methods, they'll work with the police and get the legal system to come after you. They might even pay off a politician, like a member of the National Diet. Who knows what they're capable of?

99% sure [REDACTED] is Sega. :lol:

Spark Of Spirit

It kind of gave it away when they said "[REDACTED] arcade". Though I mean Sega and Nintendo have worked together before so it's more than a bit bizarre from that angle.

gunswordfist

So Yakuza is based off of Sega?

Foggle

Quote from: gunswordfist on November 11, 2015, 03:43:01 PM
So Yakuza is based off of Sega?
Apparently the first Yakuza game entered development right after they were bought by Sammy, a pachinko company that some in Japan have alleged of having major yakuza ties. So... probably. :il_hahaha:

Daikun