Steven Universe

Started by Daikun, May 22, 2013, 02:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

Quote from: Peanutbutter on January 04, 2016, 05:32:40 PMOne down and five to go!

There's only five episodes this week, so it's really four to go.

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Daikun on January 04, 2016, 08:23:35 PM
Quote from: Peanutbutter on January 04, 2016, 05:32:40 PMOne down and five to go!

There's only five episodes this week, so it's really four to go.

I mistyped.

Peanutbutter

Today's episode was a little weird, with Steven becoming a baby. The best part was all of Steven's interactions with Connie. Its nice to finally see her and Greg, as they haven't been around as much as when this season started. Now it should be on to the last episodes of the Peridot Saga! Hopefully they won't kill Peridot off and she'll stick around but its really hard telling with this.

Peanutbutter

Since today's episode is done I'm not doing spoilers for it. That being said, am I the only thinking that Blue Diamond is going to show up at some point? Yellow Diamond is appearing soon but I get the feeling from today that Blue Diamond might be a threat in future. There is of course the fact that Garnet worked directly for her.

Peanutbutter

Finally, we see Yellow Diamond. She was even more unsettling to look at than Jasper. When she comes to Earth, nothing will be the same I'm sure.

Avaitor

I'm playing catch-up now, and I'm on Tuesday's episode. Monday's was beautiful, a hell of an origin story for Ruby and Sapphire.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Peanutbutter

One episode left today, should be the conclusion of the Peridot Arc. After this episode she should be getting more fully used to her place among the Gems.

Quote from: Avaitor on January 07, 2016, 05:30:34 PM
I'm playing catch-up now, and I'm on Tuesday's episode. Monday's was beautiful, a hell of an origin story for Ruby and Sapphire.

You catch the other two yet? You're in for a treat if not!

Avaitor

Quote from: Peanutbutter on January 08, 2016, 01:48:57 PM
One episode left today, should be the conclusion of the Peridot Arc. After this episode she should be getting more fully used to her place among the Gems.

Quote from: Avaitor on January 07, 2016, 05:30:34 PM

You catch the other two yet? You're in for a treat if not!

Only Steven's birthday episode, which was pretty cute, and helps to prove just how unique Steven is. Which of course he is, he's only half a Gem- he doesn't follow anybody's rules, and he's still trying to figure out just what he is.

I'll catch the rest and the new Adventure Time tomorrow.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Pharass

I've really enjoyed Peridot's character development this season, she's definitely one of my favorite characters in the show.
Looking forward to more of Yellow Diamond, her introductory-scene established her well as a terrifying, cold and vindictive villain, definitely worthy of the build-up the character has received.
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

Avaitor

Finally caught the rest of this Steven Bomb. Some really good stuff!

Initially, I wasn't sure how I felt about Peridot joining the Gems, since I liked the idea of he being a screw-up wanna be antagonist that doesn't repent, but these last few episodes have been doing a good job of making her turn to the good side feel believable. And the plot keeps on getting more exciting.

New blog!

Peanutbutter

The best thing about the fourth Steven Bomb is how much world building and character development we got out of it. We saw part of what the Homeworld's colonization of Earth was like, we see there are Gems that look exactly alike as well as others that look very different. We know Steven is 14, which is a big surprise to me because I thought he was 11 or 12 at most. We even got introduced to Blue Diamond along with Yellow Diamond. I have a feeling showed us Blue Diamond first for a reason. I'm already thinking she'll be a threat at some point after Yellow Diamond makes her way to Earth. Yellow Diamond herself was worth the wait, she was every bit as intimidating and scary as all the buildup implied. It was a nice touch by the story boarders to make her even more detailed than nearly everyone else in the show because the visuals of her were really unsettling.

Seeing the culmination of Peridot's arc was great too. She's already starting to turn into an Earth nerd if her shipping Percy and Pierre is any indication. :D I really can't wait to see what happens in the next set of episodes. There's already one big thing that was accidentally spoiled, it makes me more anxious to see how we get there. Also, with every passing episode about her I'm getting more and more convinced that Rose Quartz was Pink Diamond. I wasn't sure about it at first, but looking back at everything we've seen about her along with how they showed her with Pearl in The Answer, I believe this theory has some teeth to it.

Peanutbutter

So just a bit ago, I was watching a couple of episodes of Steven Universe in the living room with my mom: "Message Received" and "Log Date 7 15 2". She mentioned her birthstone is a peridot (!!!), and asked me if Peridot reminded me of her since she's outspoken. Than when it got to the part with Peridot remarking with excitement and terror at calling Yellow Diamond a clod, she said, "Yup, I know that feeling Honey!"

Mind you I haven't watched the show that often with her, but yes apparently my own mom is now a fan of Peridot!

Nameless

CN renewed both SU and Uncle Grandpa for seasons 4 and 5. This article also mentions a "Summer of Steven."

So is the second season going to end before June? I thought we were about halfway through it now.

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Nameless on March 30, 2016, 04:39:33 PM
CN renewed both SU and Uncle Grandpa for seasons 4 and 5. This article also mentions a "Summer of Steven."

So is the second season going to end before June? I thought we were about halfway through it now.

Yeah I think they were actually only halfway through season 2. I'll have to look at the episode numbers to be sure. Still, after how miserably long this hiatus has been its good to finally know there's light at the end of the tunnel!

Nameless