Is it me, or is CN's Lineup really getting good?

Started by Neomysterion X. Prime, December 31, 2010, 07:35:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

If I was to rank all of the currently airing CN originals-

Steven Universe
Clarence
Adventure Time
Regular Show
Gumball
Uncle Grandpa

The top 2 could switch at any given moment, but SU has really been killing it with this batch of episodes. It's been a while since it's had a real dud. And I know that I'm kind of in the minority to prefer AT to RS, and to be fair, Adventure Time isn't as consistently fun as it used to be, but I really do feel that it's more for me. I can definitely understand why Regular Show appeals more to others, though.

As for the current schedule, it could really do with less Teen Titans Go! and Gumball, and more, well, anything else. And I'd probably rank TTG! either above or below Uncle Grandpa, depending on my mood.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

LumRanmaYasha

I'd probably go Clarence > Regular Show > Adventure Time > Gumball > Steven Universe > Uncle Grandpa myself. Admittedly, I haven't been regularly keeping up with any of them since September, and I've heard some good things about how SU's been recently, so my opinion on that series might go up once I catch up on it.

Daxdiv

My rank would be

Clarence/Steven Universe (These 2 are interchangeable for me since they offer 2 different products, and I'm amused by them equally.)
Gumball
Regular Show
Uncle Grandpa
Adventure Time

I've kind of been growing out of Adventure Time recently, while liking Uncle Grandpa more, so that's why they're near the bottom for me. Regular Show has been moving in and out and Gumball is probably one of the most unique shows on the network.

gunswordfist

i didn't know clarence was so well liked here. it's still like the show barely exists to me and i couldn't even tell you when it debuted.

regular show
ttg
steven universe

i watch none of the other shows, barely watch ttg and i've seen a handful of su.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Daikun

If I were to rank them...

Steven Universe/Clarence (placing them is hard; they're both really good)
Regular Show
Adventure Time

I dropped Uncle Grandpa early in its run. It's too annoying.

I haven't watched any of Gumball (I'm debating whether I should or not) and I refuse to watch Teen Titans Go.

EDIT: Would acquisitions count, or just originals? I personally find Sonic Boom to be pretty underrated.

gunswordfist

Avaitor

Quote from: Daikun on January 25, 2015, 06:59:52 PM
EDIT: Would acquisitions count, or just originals? I personally find Sonic Boom to be pretty underrated.
I'm just sticking to Cartoon Network's own series, so not acquisitions. I'm still deciding if Sonic Boom is worth a look, but I'm never awake when it's on.

I still haven't been able to find the motivation to watch Gumball in full, but I do think it's worth watching if you get the chance to. CN airs it more than any other show besides TTG, so it's not like you won't have the opportunity to find out. :P
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

LumRanmaYasha

So, this is the new CN weekday schedule...

WAY too much Gumball and TTG!, and wtf is with AT and RS, you know - the shows with the largest quantity of episodes to air, both only getting one 15-minute slot each day? I guess CN is getting ready to put them out to pasture, which, I dunno, maybe isn't the best idea considering last I checked both still got great ratings...

Avaitor

If Gumball is so popular, why is there so little merch for it out?

Adventure Time and Regular Show has a lot of stuff you can buy, but I've only found one keychain plush of Gumball besides the DVDs. Even my visit to the Cartoon Network store in Atlanta back in the summer found nothing.

New blog!

Daxdiv

On a positive note, at least Steven Universe is getting more air time. Before, it felt like the only airings were the Thursday night episodes & I think the weekend repeats of said premieres. But still, TTG is still a dominating force on CN and I think Boomerang as well.

Peanutbutter

Wasn't long ago that AT and RS were taking a huge part of the schedule. I suspect they'll go back to having more reruns later this year. I imagine they want to prop up Teen Titans Go since that's been a decent hit for them, same with Gumball. I'm glad Steven Universe is getting more exposure too. Thank God Cartoon Network seems to be as in love with it as some of us here are. Especially if that buttload of episodes it had ordered is any indication.

gunswordfist

i am mad. i had a bowl of salsa and a bag of chips for rt and that shit didn't come on.

Avaitor

I recently found this photoset from a family day organized by CN and Boom. I think the franchises represented say something a little interesting. There is plenty of Adventure Time stuff to be found, as well as Gumball, Tom & Jerry (moreso for the new show, which is what you'd expect, anyway), even the Smurfs. But no Regular Show. Hmm...

Also, CN and Hulu seem to have made a deal. So far, only Flapjack is on, but that's still pretty cool. Now that's a show that deserved better. But it might mean that their deal with Netflix is wrapping up, which doesn't surprise me. Their current arrangement on there is pretty weird.

New blog!

Daxdiv

Then why is there Ben 10 stuff when they burned out the rest of the recent series in the morning late last year?

Still, no Regular Show is pretty weird. Is it time to hang up Quintel's show?

Avaitor

I don't know if it's a sign or just a coincidence, but I won't lie, it does seem like CN is getting ready to retire both shows, or at least RS.

I remember tat when Foster's was near its end, they rarely aired the show until they decided to burn through its last handful of episodes in a marathon. I don't know if we're getting there yet, but I wonder.

New blog!