Urbance

Started by Daikun, May 29, 2013, 02:51:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

Did I miss something? When did Canadian animation stop looking like crap?

The Shadow Gentleman

QuoteIn the big city, gender war rises. Sex is prohibited because of a genetic deadly virus. Ruled by hate and anger, boys and girls grow up apart from each other, forming rivals gangs. Among these lost teenagers, Kenzell and lesya will fight adversity and defy all the rules in order to live their love and restore peace.
Well at the very least it looks and sounds...interesting. If the writing's good I'll give it a shot.

Although I'm not really found of the..ur..."gang"...feel it has.

Silverstar

So is this going to be a movie, or a special or an ongoing series somewhere? 'Cause the premise sounds more like a one-and-done deal than something that could be done every week.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

Daikun

Quote from: Silverstar on May 29, 2013, 02:22:02 PMSo is this going to be a movie, or a special or an ongoing series somewhere? 'Cause the premise sounds more like a one-and-done deal than something that could be done every week.

It's a TV series.

Peanutbutter

It looks really cool. The style reminds me a lot of Motorcity's. Now the question is if The Hub, Cartoon Network, or Nicktoons will pick this up.

Daikun

Quote from: Peanutbutter on May 29, 2013, 04:42:17 PMIt looks really cool. The style reminds me a lot of Motorcity's. Now the question is if The Hub, Cartoon Network, or Nicktoons will pick this up.

I don't think this is a kids' show...

Peanutbutter

If its not, it could still air with a TV-PG on CN, or Adult Swim if they consider it. I don't think chances are that great for it to get picked up anyway, because other than the Total Drama series, I'm not certain when the last time we had a Canadian import.

LumRanmaYasha

A Kickstarter to help produce the pilot of the series was set-up a few days ago. I feel the idea and style of the series has a lot of potential to become something really unique and fresh, so I hope the funding of the pilot can lead to the series getting picked up somewhere down the line.

Daikun

It wasn't in production already? ???

What were they doing for nearly the past two years, with the website just sitting there?

LumRanmaYasha

I assume they were shopping the preview and concept around to different networks and producers, but no one either wanted to produce a pilot for the series or they ultimately decided they wanted to produce it independently and have freer creative control. The purpose of the website and preview was likely to get some early buzz and viral marketing to help get people's interest in the project, which would help get the interest of producers easier. They were also likely taking their time to assemble a crew to sign on to work on the show (part of the Kickstarter's funds will be going to get experienced animator Hiroshi Shimizu to come work on the project), not to mention try and raise a budget for themselves, and ultimately they've decided to gather funds using kickstarter instead. Plus, I'm sure these people are all working regular jobs and doing this in their spare time, so it's no wonder it's taking a while for them to get the project moving forward.

Rynnec

The premise has me...less than hopeful, but the concept and style have me intrigued enough to check it out if it ever becomes a thing.

Timeseeker

I liked it, seems fresh and interesting, remind me a lot jet set radio (and one of the producers said that JSR is one of influences) so this deserves a chace to me check this out,good luck for then, they have a very ambitious project.

LumRanmaYasha

The pilot was released to Kickstarter backers a couple days ago, and I watched it. The animation and visual style of the thing is great, but the script could use some work (too much lingo) and the voice acting is seriously mediocre, which brings it down a bit. Still, it was fun to watch and definitely has potential, so hopefully this pilot'll attract enough interest from networks and investors to get a tv series off the ground.

Daikun