Regular Show

Started by Daxdiv, December 31, 2010, 11:27:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiddington

I know these shows are what their pushing right now, but unfortunately, the question continues to be begged; why can't CN/Warner ever get around to finishing up the multitude of releases they started and abandoned halfway through?

Fuck man, I want my complete EEnE boxset.

Avaitor

Didn't they have Shout! release Adventure Time's sets?

But yeah, since Warner has surprisingly finished up Animaniacs and Tiny Toons' sets without reverting to that MOD shit, I would like to see them try to do the same for the older CN shows. I'd be fine without them having bonuses, but I just really want the rest of Eds and Johnny on DVD.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Kiddington

Quote from: Avaitor on March 15, 2013, 01:36:01 AM
Didn't they have Shout! release Adventure Time's sets?

Nope.

Honestly though, at this point, I'd even take MOD. It's better than nothing.

Avaitor

Alright then.

I'd consider MOD. Although I'm happy to see the shows hit Netflix, I don't really like the idea of streaming options replacing hard copies, since it'd just make the unfinished sets we bought worthless. It sucks to the fans who supported the show when we could.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Kiddington

Things don't last forever on Netflix either. See; Rugrats, etc.

Hard copies, assuming you take care of them, are eternal. And this is why I'll always be in the crowd that doesn't buy into the idea that streaming is the be all, end all form of media.

Avaitor

Technology is losable. Hard copies, unless you mess them up, are forever.I'll probably stick to buying DVDs/Blus, CDs and vinyls until they stop being available.

It's kind of like comparing a kindle to an actual book. Kindles are great- you can have instant access to millions of books if you have the cash in your bank account (or even not, with some classics), but nothing can replace the feel and smell of an old book. And I like my liner notes and artwork, dammit.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

Yeah, I've often found myself being stagnant when it comes to technological consumerism. I mean, I enjoy the convenience of having my favorite shows on data, but there's a certain nostalgic affair in being able to have your DVDs in front of you.

...oh God, that makes me sound old.

Kiddington

For me, streaming is good for the kind of stuff that I'm unsure if I'll like and/or actually want to own or not. A lot of Nicktoons fall into this category; I wouldn't mind catching up on As Told By Ginger again, and maybe I could appreciate it more now that I'm older, but even if a DVD set existed, would I really want to spend money on that?

Otherwise... hard copies plz.

Avaitor

I know what you mean. I felt like a fogey with my last post, but I'd be lying if it wasn't true.

Not that I don't use technology to help when I can, though. If a show that I want to watch is streaming on Netflix, I take that up the first chance I can. But even though it's on Netflix now, I'm still buying all of HIMYM on DVD.

New blog!

Kiddington

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on March 15, 2013, 02:00:17 AM
Yeah, I've often found myself being stagnant when it comes to technological consumerism. I mean, I enjoy the convenience of having my favorite shows on data, but there's a certain nostalgic affair in being able to have your DVDs in front of you.

...oh God, that makes me sound old.

It's also fun building your collection.

...well, at least for me it is anyway. I've always liked collecting stuff though (not to hoarder extremes of course, but I'm definitely no minimalist).

Daxdiv

I still go to a comic shop every Wednesday and buy my comics. Monthlys, one shots, mini-series, even volumes, you name it. I still like having a physical copy of anything in my hand. Maybe it's because I don't have a Kindle or anything, but I kind of like the feel of paper in my hands. The only aspect this doesn't hold true for me is PC gaming, since everything is digital AFAIK.

With that said, I am so buying this shit.

Avaitor

Quote from: Daxdiv on March 15, 2013, 02:16:41 AM
I still go to a comic shop every Wednesday and buy my comics. Monthlys, one shots, mini-series, even volumes, you name it. I still like having a physical copy of anything in my hand. Maybe it's because I don't have a Kindle or anything, but I kind of like the feel of paper in my hands. The only aspect this doesn't hold true for me is PC gaming, since everything is digital AFAIK.
Even though I support buying physical copies, I have to admit that I was annoyed as fuck when I saw people complain about Marvel putting up downloads of their #1 issues for free on their app because "it's just online distribution".

Hey, motherfucker, free comics. Even if you prefer buying the real deal, this is the perfect way to sample out series before you make big purchases. Still don't want them? Don't download anything and just shut up.

New blog!

Daxdiv

Quote from: Avaitor on March 15, 2013, 02:21:45 AM
Even though I support buying physical copies, I have to admit that I was annoyed as fuck when I saw people complain about Marvel putting up downloads of their #1 issues for free on their app because "it's just online distribution".

Hey, motherfucker, free comics. Even if you prefer buying the real deal, this is the perfect way to sample out series before you make big purchases. Still don't want them? Don't download anything and just shut up.

I don't get that mentality. Why complain about free stuff? At least it gives you a shot to try the Marvel NOW line before saying shit about it. It's like my grandma always said... "If it's free, it's for me."

Mr. Big

I'm all about hard copies. I mean, cripes, I buy 16mm FILMS of my favorite old cartoons, and that's as hard copy as it can get.

Oh right, Regular Show. Huh, so the show's getting complete sets. Good for them.

Also, 100th episode is coming up, apparently.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Daxdiv on March 15, 2013, 02:26:50 AM
Quote from: Avaitor on March 15, 2013, 02:21:45 AM

I don't get that mentality. Why complain about free stuff? At least it gives you a shot to try the Marvel NOW line before saying shit about it. It's like my grandma always said... "If it's free, it's for me."
Eh, this resistance to the idea of mainstream webcomics isn't new. Doesn't make it any less annoying though.