Unpopular Opinions You Hold About Animation

Started by Avaitor, November 09, 2011, 08:18:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiddington

Huh.

You know, speaking of which, I still think Feeling Pinkie Keen is a great episode. Never understood the hate.

Goldstar

Quote from: Kiddington on June 20, 2012, 02:34:19 AM
Huh.

You know, speaking of which, I still think Feeling Pinkie Keen is a great episode. Never understood the hate.

Well, I personally don't rank "Feeling Pinkie Keen" among the better MLP:FiM episodes because of: a) all the abuse that Twilight Sparkle receives in the episode. I don't care for eps in which an innocent character gets mercilessly dumped on for the bulk of the story, and b) Pinkie Pie is a character who's best taken in small doses. Too much Pinkie can really grate on the nerves. Let's face it, Pinkie Pie is to My Little Pony what Michelangelo is to TMNT.
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

Mr. Big

I like Polsky's episodes, personally. I like the use of slapsticks in his two episodes.

Let's hope that there won't be any backlash for his S3 episodes.

Avaitor

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on June 19, 2012, 10:17:51 PM
The more I hear people talking about how stuff like Phineas & Ferb and Gravity Falls aren't proper Disney cartoons, the more I wish said people could be shot in the face. Shit like Ducktales and Goof Troop are gone, stop acting like Disney has to mirror what it did back when you were a fucking kid. TV shouldn't have to conform to one fucking time period.
The thing is, P&F isn't a proper Disney cartoon.

Or a good cartoon in any capacity.

Is it wrong for me to think so?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

It's a cartoon made by Disney, with actors from Disney, and production from Disney. Therefore, it is Disney.

Angus

I could see that argument applied to Scooby-Doo, Star Trek/Wars, Dragonball Z vs. GT, Naruto/Bleach/One Piece fillers.
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Kiddington

Quote from: Avaitor on June 20, 2012, 10:37:07 AM
The more I hear people talking about how stuff like Phineas & Ferb and Gravity Falls aren't proper Disney cartoons, the more I wish said people could be shot in the face. Shit like Ducktales and Goof Troop are gone, stop acting like Disney has to mirror what it did back when you were a fucking kid. TV shouldn't have to conform to one fucking time period.
The thing is, P&F isn't a proper Disney cartoon.

Or a good cartoon in any capacity.

Is it wrong for me to think so?

No.

Why are we even defending P&F? I thought it was unanimous that everyone here hated it.

Foggle

People actually got mad at me when I insulted P&F on Twitter. So it definitely has fans. :SHOCK:

Eddy

I tried watching Phinieus & Ferb a couple of times and it's just done nothing for me. The platypus seems like the most interesting character on the show and he doesn't even talk.

So it opens in, what, just a few days? And I still have zero interest in seeing Brave. It just... doesn't look appealing to me at all. All I see is thick accents, weird faces, too much HAIR, and a story that's been done to death ("I'm a girl but that doesn't mean I can't be as good as the boys!").

Sorry Brave, but I'm going to wait for you to wind up on Netflix's streaming service before I consider watching you.

gunswordfist

Amen. Those shows are from decades ago.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 20, 2012, 04:09:59 PM
And?

I Love Lucy is still a better sitcom than Whitney.

The thing is, there's always more older stuff than newer stuff, so older stuff is always going to be better. There's just more there, that's all.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 22, 2012, 03:17:03 PM
And?

The thing is, there's always more older stuff than newer stuff, so older stuff is always going to be better. There's just more there, that's all.
And Community is a better comedy than My Three Sons. So what?

Just because there's more doesn't mean it's automatically better. It just means there's a greater range of classics and clods.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on June 22, 2012, 03:22:26 PM
And?

And Community is a better comedy than My Three Sons. So what?

Just because there's more doesn't mean it's automatically better. It just means there's a greater range of classics and clods.
Hence "more". More options, more variety, and more choice. Hard to argue with that.

But as for preferring older stuff, things were certain ways at certain times. Some times people simply prefer the way things were made in a specific decade. That's probably why people prefer certain decades of music to others.

There's no harm in having preferences.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

I really just don't understand how anyone can say that P&F or whatever else they're making now was a better show than say, DuckTales or Gargoyles though. Disney doesn't have to conform to a time period or anything, but I can't see how someone can say they're making superior shows now. Especially when it looks like anyone can make them.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

And?

And you wouldn't expect someone to make a new age Lucy, which was my point.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody