Unpopular Opinions You Hold About Animation

Started by Avaitor, November 09, 2011, 08:18:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commode

Yeah, I don't agree with that as well.  Family Guy's first season is kinda boring, and while The Simpsons' first season is a bit weak in areas, it also has Bart the Genius, and Bart the General, and Life in the Fast Lane, and Krusty Gets Busted.

If you said season 2/3 of Family Guy is better than season one of The Simpsons, then I might agree with you.  Ain't no way in hell though that seasons 2/3 of Family Guy are better than seasons 2/3 of The Simpsons, you say some shit like that and I know your ass is trolling.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Mr. Big

Here's one: I'm just not a fan of Hanna-Barbera. Not even the "good" ones from the late '50s/early '60s, like "Flintstones" or "Huckleberry Hound".

Not that I absolutely hate everything they did: I love "Top Cat" because of Arnold Stang, and I'll admit that I get rosy eyed whenever I think of "Wacky Races", but really, I just don't like most of their shows.

I think it's because their shows just aren't funny. I don't have problem with limited animation; I'm a huge fan of Jay Ward and Total Television and their shows had worse animation than HB did at the time!

Avaitor

I'm ont interested in Legend of Korra. At all, really.

I mean, I gave the first two episodes a watch, and while I think they're fine and rather well done, I just didn't feel the desire to continue to keep up with it. I don't even know why, honestly. I just... don't.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Brak's Dad on May 19, 2012, 08:17:17 PM
I'm ont interested in Legend of Korra. At all, really.

I mean, I gave the first two episodes a watch, and while I think they're fine and rather well done, I just didn't feel the desire to continue to keep up with it. I don't even know why, honestly. I just... don't.
That's too bad, because so far it's blowing the original series out of the water.

But maybe you're just not in the mood for it. I get that way with things sometimes.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

I guess not. It has nothing to do with the original series, but I dunno, I guess I'm not really up for it now.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Rosalinas Spare Wand

To be honest, I haven't really followed it outside the premiere episodes either. I don't know why it doesn't call to me either, it has the same kind of charm the first series did, but I'm just not feeling compelled to keep up with it.

Avaitor

Knowing me, i'll probably marathon the first season before the second comes out.

I might just need to take some time off from it before I delve into the series, to escape the hype and shippers.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I think I may have already said this, but I wasn't even that fond of Avatar: The Last Airbender, to begin with. I know how revered and well-loved of a series it is, and I can respect it and all, but I really tried to get into it and I just never found it that interesting, in all honesty. I never finished the series, and maybe I'll try to do so at some point in time, but because of my lack of interest in that I haven't bothered to watch Legend of Korra, either.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on May 20, 2012, 12:24:18 AM
I think I may have already said this, but I wasn't even that fond of Avatar: The Last Airbender, to begin with. I know how revered and well-loved of a series it is, and I can respect it and all, but I really tried to get into it and I just never found it that interesting, in all honesty. I never finished the series, and maybe I'll try to do so at some point in time, but because of my lack of interest in that I haven't bothered to watch Legend of Korra, either.
You might actually prefer this one. It addresses pretty much all the issues of the original series, and is actually quite an engaging watch.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 20, 2012, 12:26:21 AM
Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on May 20, 2012, 12:24:18 AM
You might actually prefer this one. It addresses pretty much all the issues of the original series, and is actually quite an engaging watch.
And Korra doesn't require you at all to remember the previous series, so going into it might be smoother than you'd expect.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So you'd both say that I could give this one a watch and follow it just fine despite never having seen Book/Season 3 of the original series (and barely remembering the first 2 seasons, for that matter)? If so, I'll definitely give it a look sometime soon.

Spark Of Spirit

Well there's probably going to be a few mentions later on, but I think they'll be explained. But as far as the current story, it has little to do with the old one other than taking place in the same world and having some descendants of old characters.

Avaitor

I don't think this is so much of an unpopular opinion, and I can probably post it anywhere, but I think it's worth saying anyway.

I miss original ideas. I think that's why I can't get into Legend of Korra and why it takes so long for me to catch up with my super hero shows on my DVR. I've already been in the Avatar universe and I've seen dozens of different takes on DC and Marvel. I want to watch more shows with unique universes or even ones like ours with different characters. It feels like we have too many reboots, prequel/sequel series and unoriginal ideas filtering out anything else to keep an eye on.

For all of its problems, the one thing I really admire about Adventure Time is just how creative it is. It has it's own universe, with its own rules, mythology and tons of new ideas throughout. While Finn and Jake still get on my nerves sometimes, I get a lot of enjoyment out of seeing all the different aspects of the kingdom. And I'd love more shows like it.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I agree that we have a severe lack of original shows. As much as I like Avengers and TSSM and the like, I'd really love to see a new hit series that isn't based off of anything else, whatsoever. I had a lot of hopes on Sym-Bionic Titan but that honestly let me down, and I would really admire anyone who could come up with a great new original show with a strong run. I mean, I wouldn't mind Gred Weisman coming up with his own show again. He did it with Gargoyles and that's still his best work, IMO.

Spark Of Spirit

That's why I'm enjoying Korra so much since it's so different from Avatar.

You might want to check out Motorcity to see if it's your cup of tea. It's way too chaotic for me, but maybe one of you can get more out if it than me.