Cartoon Network Nostalgia Thread

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 10:38:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Yeah, the ECC shorts were better when they were one show, but B&M really benefited from being its own thing.

I did enjoy the cameos when they crossed over, though.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

I loved Skarr in Billy & Mandy. The episode when Hector and Ghastly reunited with him was great, too.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Commode

I uh, I never never noticed this before:
The city of Townsville's ruins in Samurai Jack.  It's so weird.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Dr. Insomniac

Yeah, it's kind of a cool, if bleak, nod.

Spark Of Spirit

Wasn't there going to be a clip in one of the shows where either the PPG or Jack was seen traveling through time through the others show in the background or something? I thought I remembered that.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 16, 2012, 08:10:27 PM
Wasn't there going to be a clip in one of the shows where either the PPG or Jack was seen traveling through time through the others show in the background or something? I thought I remembered that.
That, I don't know about, but I definitely remember the screencaps Chalmey posted.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

Oh whoa. Looks like Aku somehow kicked the Powerpuff girls asses.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Kiddington

Huh, interesting. Don't think I've ever noticed that before.

That kinda makes me wonder; did Craig McCracken ever work on Jack to any degree? I know Genndy worked with him on Dexter's Lab, but I don't think they did much else together after that. Interesting either way, though.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Kiddington on April 17, 2012, 04:26:46 PM
Huh, interesting. Don't think I've ever noticed that before.

That kinda makes me wonder; did Craig McCracken ever work on Jack to any degree? I know Genndy worked with him on Dexter's Lab, but I don't think they did much else together after that. Interesting either way, though.
They worked on Powerpuff Girls together.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Kiddington

Hey guys, check these out; OFFICIAL (or so I'm told) ANNIVERSARY BUMPERS

I'll say, I'm impressed. I was almost certain that, given the amount of promo airspace they usually dedicate to whatever their hot garbage of the month is, they wouldn't find the time to acknowledge this, but apparently they are. Not sure when these will actually air on the channel itself (if they haven't already), but it probably shouldn't be long.

Foggle

Spark Of Spirit

That's much more effort than Nick put forth. I like.

Kiddington

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 19, 2012, 09:06:29 PM

Did they actually put any effort at all into the Nicktoons anniversary? You know, besides the cheap ass DVD sets?

I can't recall them doing anything.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Kiddington on April 19, 2012, 09:10:47 PM

Did they actually put any effort at all into the Nicktoons anniversary? You know, besides the cheap ass DVD sets?

Nick detests its older audience. Or did at the time.

So, yeah. That was pretty much it.

Kiddington

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 19, 2012, 09:13:14 PM
Quote from: Kiddington on April 19, 2012, 09:10:47 PM

Nick detests its older audience. Or did at the time.

So, yeah. That was pretty much it.

Really, even the token bone that they have thrown to their older audience (The 90's Are All That) is becoming extremely half-assed. They're just sitting on a goldmine of nostalgic programming, and yet they prefer to constantly run the same few episodes of Doug and All That into the ground ad nauseum (although I guess they are finally airing a "new" season of All That; baby steps, I suppose).

I don't get it. It's hard to understand why a network could be so wrapped up in leaving the past behind as they are (and the few attempts they do actually make to revive it are always so weak; they're not doing it as a labor of love, clearly), but, I suppose that's either here nor there.