Cartoon Network Nostalgia Thread

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 10:38:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

I loved the Justice Friends too. Although I'm kind of glad that they only made one short after the first season (and even that I think was just a left over from S1) and left the characters to just cameos, because I don't think it could have worked on its own or for much longer otherwise. The idea seems to be a little limited by nature, so it's better to enjoy what we got than go crazy with the concept.

Monkey though, blah. He's a cute enough character, and I rather liked the episode where he fought Mandark's duck, but the shorts never did anything for me.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

I thought they were okay, I agree. But they were never nearly as good as anything else on the show.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Kiddington

Maybe they're better than I give them credit for, but they were still the weakest shorts Dexter's Lab had to offer. Compared to Dexter himself and the Justice Friends, they just don't hold up as well.

Goldstar

I have to agree that "Dial M for Monkey" always kind of paled in comparison with the Dexter and Justice Friends shorts. I liked Monkey's superhero outfit and his powers were cool, but the stories weren't the funniest. Certainly not on the level of, say, The Powerpuff Girls. Add to that the implied borderline bestiality going on between Monkey and Agent Honeydew was kind of creepy if one delves into it more deeply. :sweat:
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

gunswordfist

Quote from: Goldstar on April 24, 2012, 08:09:07 PM
I have to agree that "Dial M for Monkey" always kind of paled in comparison with the Dexter and Justice Friends shorts. I liked Monkey's superhero outfit and his powers were cool, but the stories weren't the funniest. Certainly not on the level of, say, The Powerpuff Girls. Add to that the implied borderline bestiality going on between Monkey and Agent Honeydew was kind of creepy if one delves into it more deeply. :sweat:
:lol: :D
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

It's that time of the week again.

The Powerpuff Girls
Ed, Edd, n' Eddy
Camp Lazlo
My Gym Partner's a Monkey

Yep, I actually put another show above EEnE! But hey, it was up against "Bubblevicious", which is pretty tough competition, even if the Eds episode is one of my favs from season 1. The other two though? Fuck 'em.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Foggle

YES, GYM PARTNER! I'M NOSTALGIAING SO HARD RIGHT NOW :joy: :joy: :joy:

Avaitor

Oh yeah, and apparently they were supposed to air a Foster's episode this week, a full-length one, but the schedule was mixed up or something. It had the same name as the Camp Lazlo one too.

New blog!

Kiddington

Sounds like another lackluster weak, in all honesty.

...and surprise surprise, I missed it again. Not that it even bothers me once I get a glimpse of the schedule, however (Gym Partner? Seriously?). I bet Twitter was just ablaze with all sorts of Gym Partner nostalgia last night as well.  :whuh:

Foggle

Spark Of Spirit

It's a cartoon that was made once.

That's about all I can muster for it.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Kiddington

Foggle

I just ordered Out Of Jimmy's Head on Laserdisc. Time to complete my collection!

Kiddington

Quote from: Foggle on April 28, 2012, 10:42:26 PM
I just ordered Out Of Jimmy's Head on Laserdisc. Time to complete my collection!

You still need the ultra-rare VHS copy, though.

It can be pretty hard to find nowadays, but I've got connections. For the right price, I can hook you up.  :blush: