What Are You Currently Playing? 6.65: Neighbor of the Beast

Started by Foggle, February 28, 2014, 02:18:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nel_Annette

Then I stroke my beard in contemplation and may very well pick those up come next paycheck. Thanks.

Foggle

What's even better is that they both still give 60 coins!

I must warn you, though, you will not be able to earn Club Nintendo coins after the end of the month. Redemption is not extending until June for Americans.

Nel_Annette

Ah, what? That's bullshit! I thought we all had until June! Well then, shit. I bought Hyrule Warriors and that fucking Mario Tennis game for nothing.

Foggle

Sorry man. :( It threw me off too. http://club2.nintendo.com/program-notice/

You can use your coins to acquire rewards through June, but you can only earn coins until the end of March.

Nel_Annette

Awwwwww. My plan was to go h.a.m. on a Nintendo binge from now until June. Looks like that's kaput. I really wanted that second set of Smash posters to go with my first. Ah well. At least I wanted Hyrule Warriors. Mario Tennis Open will just kind of... be there, I guess.

Spark Of Spirit

In unrelated news, one of the weird perks of having joint accounts is having a father who uses PSN+ for his PS4 which allows me to get some games for free like a second copy of DuckTales Remastered for my PS3 which I promptly platinumed.

Yeah, it's still a great game.

The PS3 version appears to stutter a bit during the Mines boss for some reason, though.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

Quote from: Foggle on March 24, 2015, 12:01:35 AM
Sorry man. :( It threw me off too. http://club2.nintendo.com/program-notice/

You can use your coins to acquire rewards through June, but you can only earn coins until the end of March.

On a related note, I think today is like the last day you can register games on Club Nintendo to maximize your coin count. Since next week is the 31st, I believe today is the last day you can register games and guarantee yourself a Post Play Survey to net yourself +10 coins a week later.

Nel_Annette

Coincidentally, I just got home, and the games arrived. I'll just do the surveys and see if I can salvage any prizes with the meager amount I'll have.

EDIT: Hyrule Warriors didn't even come with a Club Nintendo code. Bummer. I am literally just 30 coins from Platinum status.

Foggle

If you don't own it, Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge usually goes for around $10 and gives 60 coins. I used it to hit Platinum status cheaply. ;)

Nel_Annette

I won't let you drag me into your Ninja Gaiden world, Foggle.  :P

Foggle

It's a terrible game, but I have a feeling that the Platinum gifts will be exclusive and worth at least 10 bucks...

Please play Ninja Gaiden 1 & 2 if you have not, though. ;)

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Unfortunately, neither of which got ported to the Wii-U. Instead it got NG3RE, and the actual good ones got ported to the PS Vita which couldn't even run them consistently well after having the frame rate reduced to 30 FPS. Also, keep in mind that this was opted not only over a Wii-U port, but a PC port as well, which fans have been begging to have for years (just look up the online petitions for it). But instead what we got was the worst numbered NG game ported to the Wii-U, the worst NG game of all time being the only one to get a PC port, and the best NG games being butchered and ported to a handheld that nobody owns....because Hayashi. Thank you for your sensible decisions with the franchise.

Foggle

All I want is a cleaned up remaster of the Xbox 360 Ninja Gaiden 2 for all three current gen consoles and PC. :( Too bad if they ever ported it again, it'd probably be Sigma 2...

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Foggle on March 24, 2015, 02:32:59 PMif they ever ported it again, it'd probably be Sigma 2...

YOU'RE WELCOME!

Spark Of Spirit

I kept hoping like with the whole Bayonetta situation, Ninja Team would have ported 1 and 2 to the eshop when Razor's Edge came out. But no such luck there.

It's a shame that Tecmo and Nintendo seem to be buddy-buddy but they still haven't ported over the first two games yet.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton