Fighting Games

Started by Rosalinas Spare Wand, July 06, 2011, 11:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well, shows all those people who boldly declared that FighterZ would only be a one-off deal. :sly:

Mustang

Uh Oh, here we go again with more Marvel vs Capcom 4 rumors

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2019/feb/27/filipino-champ-continues-hint-heavily-marvel-vs-capcom-4/#comments

So F-Champ has insider info. I can believe that since he and Peter (Combofiend) Rosas are tight. Peter works for Marvel now. I most certainly hope Combofiend's not sharing info that'll get him fired. Here's my problem. If Peter Rosas's name sounds familiar to you it's because that's the same guy that worked on Marvel vs Capcom Infinite and we know what kind of storm that was. As great as the way that game plays everything else was handled terribly (what's even more crazy is they got the Netcode RIGHT!). If this game is happening I don't know if I want Peter working on it (As cool as he is, he's not good when it comes to handling things on the PR side of things). That being said, I don't want MvC4 to be real unless they can really bounce back (Capcom's fighting division is terrible). Personally I'd rather they focus on a fighting game with all of their characters in the style of a Vs game than another Marvel game simply because it's too much of a hassle dealing with Marvel.
3S - Ken, Yang, Makoto
USF4 - Yun, Ibuki, Decapre, Poison
SF5CE - Ken, Karin, Chun Li, Laura, Poison
SF6 - Ken, Juri, Jamie, Chun Li

Mustang

I think most of us (if not all) don't really care much for NRS games but has anyone seen Johnny Cage's reveal for Mortal Kombat 11?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv6Dskj2VC0

Outside of MK1-Ultimate I never cared for Mortal Kombat. MK9-10, IJ1-2, I never liked the animation (It's not something I can easily get over either. I cannot play Cody in SF5 because of his animation). I never cared for Johnny Cage as a character but that trailer is probably the best trailer they put out since they revealed TMNT in IJ2. Not to mention they made me actually like him as well. And say what you will about NRS games, they do listen and support their community. I might get MK11 just to support them on that alone.
3S - Ken, Yang, Makoto

Mustang

Is anyone aware of Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid?

I didn't care about this game at all. For the most part I don't care about indy games (I know, bad habit that I need to get rid of) and just like Arika, I was ignoring this game until I saw that trailer. And then I heard that Clockwork was behind it. Now I have to pay attention to it because of his background with Marvel vs Capcom 2 and 3. There was also a stream that Justin Wong and Yipes was on (trying to find it) playing the game. I might have to get it just because of how it looks, especially for only $20.

Oh, I checked out of DBFz completely.

Kid Goku GT

No trailer but he's been announced.

Edit:

Nothing major, at least not yet, but considering Final Round is going on there were only approximately 5,000 people tuning in. I don't know if it's part of Final Round or not (the tour thing), but that's not a good viewing number. I hear people are saying it's boring to watch. Personally I think that's a load of BS. Playing it on the other hand is where I feel it gets boring.
3S - Ken, Yang, Makoto

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'm still enjoying the hell out of DBFZ, personally, but I'm not a fan of yet another version of Goku being added to the game. I feel like this is being pushed on them by the publisher rather than ASW being the ones to pick the roster given how diverse their other games tend to be, but I could be wrong. I did recently download UNIEL, but I haven't really had a chance to get into it yet on account of DMC5 eating up all of my free-time, which I have in very limited quantities these days, as it is.

Mustang

I, too, have not gotten into UNIEL like I really want to. 3rd Strike and USF4 usually suck up most of my time. I'm trying to incorporate more Guilty Gear now as well. In terms of DBFZ, I also think the publisher is pushing all of the Goku's. As far as I know ASW listens to their community, and as far as I know, they know, hell, I think they even joked about it on stream (or twitter) about there being too many Goku's.
3S - Ken, Yang, Makoto

Mustang

Holy shit

I have never been exited for a MK game in my life and, hot damn, not only am I hyped for this game, that is my character. All because of Noob Saibot I am officially stoked. This has become a must buy game for me now.
3S - Ken, Yang, Makoto

Mustang

Samurai Shodown 12 minute trailer.

I am worried. Footsies has never been my thing and while I understand that's how most old heads want this game since it's supposedly close to that of the old games, but personally, I want combos. Nothing in the realm of MvC3 or GGXrd, hell, I don't even need anything like USF4 or SFxT, but I would like to see something along the lines of SF3. 3-6 hits and I'm fine. Anyway, everything else was fine, but I found all the whiff punishing boring (perhaps that's because the folks didn't look like they knew what they were doing)
3S - Ken, Yang, Makoto

Mustang

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2019/jul/01/super-smash-bros-ultimate-continues-lead-pack-while-tekken-7-climbs-above-street-fighter-5-evo-2019s-july-registration-leaderboard/

Evo 2019 registration

1st - SSBU
2nd - Tekken 7
3rd - SF5
4th - SamSho
5th - MK11
6th - UNiEL
7th - DBFZ
8th - SC6
9th - BBCTB

Without the actual numbers this means nothing to me (I swear, Wizard get on my nerves), but this is a little concerning for games like DBFZ, SC6 (I don't think people wanted this game) and BBCTB. I think the last day to register is July 14. Like I said, without actual #s, this means nothing, but considering DBFZ had a whopping 2000+ entrants I believe, and the drop off is down to 7th? That's very concerning. I hear people say things like DBFZ and BBCTB killed MVCI, and I don't think that's true at all. I think MVCI killed MVCI. I think ASW's games are canceling each other out in a sense. Poor communication, split community (4 games divided amongst each other and they have GranBlue Fantasy on the way) and then the updates are too far from each other (looking at you Capcom). Hopefully this don't mean much of anything. I just found out that the new season for DBFZ just started from this past weekend (CEO 2019) and I have no idea when Arc Revolution begins or has begun for BBCTB. But 1 thing I do know for certain is that anime will never be Capcom killers (I wish people will stop saying such things as well). Let Capcom kill Capcom.
3S - Ken, Yang, Makoto

Mustang

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2019/jul/31/seven-games-over-1000-entrants-five-titles-new-evo-lineup-and-non-stop-action-eight-streams-all-weekend-long-evo-2019-preview/

1st off, I stand corrected. Despite a huge drop from last year, DBFZ still has over 1,000 entrants which is great for the scene. However, I am worried that like Capcom (I'll get to them in a few) the communication for this game is terrible. Harada is my guy but since he took over Bamco he's been terrible with Fighterz. He needs to turn over everything to ASW so they can actually do something with the game instead of burying this game for Tekken's success. I love Tekken, but I don't want DBFZ taking the hit for it (just making assumptions on my end).

Under Night in-birth might become the next game I focus on beside 3rd Strike. The community for the game is great, and then there are characters I can get behind as well. Swag combos, cool color palettes, what more do I need? I do regret getting into this game so late though. Catching up is gonna be ridiculous.

Street Fighter 5. Man where do I even begin? 1st, if you haven't heard, there was a leak yesterday (I swear, this is what keeps me from supporting games on the PC). Honda, Poison and Lucia (Final Fight 3 I believe) were leaked. I feel sorry for Ono because, outside of Cody and Sagat he hasn't been able to do any type of reveal to generate any hype for this game. And it's not his fault (If I'm Ono, and I have any say, I'm doing an overhaul on my staff. I'm not talking to any media outlets. I'm doing my own thing like a Nintendo Direct). That being said, I'm done with Street Fighter 5. None of those characters do anything for me and at this point I don't think anything will. Despite having fun with the likes of Karin, Zeku, Ken, Laura no one stuck out to me as a true main. Despite the way the game plays I've been stuck in a character crisis since it's release. I found Dudley in SSF4AE:2012 despite my favorite character(s) at the time were Guy and Cody. Outside of Birdie, Abigail, Dhalsim and Blanka I tried playing the rest of the cast and found no one (oh, can't play Kage because he's LOCKED behind fight money). I'm not going to bash SF5 or the playerbase (although I will say that they're only playing this because of the money). I wish them well, but I'm out for good.

Now onto Capcom itself. 8 months of silence (oh, costumes here and there) and this was all you're showing? I hope to God that this is not all that you were going to show (perhaps that leak was a blessing). Capcom's fighting game division, I don't even know what to say. I don't even think the "shills" will be able to defend Capcom from the reaming they're going to get if that is all.
3S - Ken, Yang, Makoto

Mustang

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwCMwR4Ntvw

NEW GUILTY GEAR! Of course this will be a day 1 purchase for me and I'll probably main this game.

Tekken 7 revealed Zafrina and a brand new character Leroy Smith. Looks good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuEwXWH4PbA
3S - Ken, Yang, Makoto

Mustang

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZJSCtsnhm0

Chipp and Potempkin reveal. There was also a stream where ArcSys went over the gameplay of all 6 characters. I'm not gonna main him but Chipp looks sick.

I haven't seen any reactions from the tournament players, but there are some that has been claiming to have been with it since X2 are doing a lot of bitching. 1 guy went way overboard and made the comparison to DmC. There was another comparison to Street Fighter 3 (how Capcom went completely different from there other Street Fighter 2 games going into 3). There was one comment I saw saying that "GG has to go this direction if they want to draw in new players because X2 and Xrd are complicated games to begin with and the genre is already niche and GG is even more niche within it's own community".

Personally, I'm gonna wait and see, but I am stoked for it. I definitely see this as a Street Fighter version of GG though, although I'm leaning more towards SF4 instead of 3 though.
3S - Ken, Yang, Makoto

Mustang

Alright, now that I'm off my hype train because of the looks and have finally listened to what was actually removed from GG2020 I am worried (very worried because it sounds like it's gonna be neutral heavy and I hate that), mainly because it looks like it's going to lose the freedom that I like, but I'll definitely still try it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpvXV1rZaLY&t=353s

Sajam, for his age is very knowledgeable and I think more people need to respond like this instead of being an ass.
3S - Ken, Yang, Makoto

Markness

I had an itch to play KOF XIV after a long time and was surprised to see character bundle DLC packs. Beats having to pay for individual characters. Are there any for SF V and will I have to upgrade to the Champion Edition for them? Not really sold on doing so but I am curious.

I also had an itch to play Samurai Shodown (2019) again and downloaded both Wan Fu and Kazuki since I still had the Season One pass from buying the game during the first week it came out. To anyone who has her downloaded, how is Mina Majikina?

Mustang

SF5 has character passes, but depending on how far back you are it could be a little costly. The passes ranges from around $14-$30 each. You might be better off just getting champion edition
3S - Ken, Yang, Makoto