"Guardians of the Galaxy" Talkback (Spoilers)

Started by Lord Dalek, August 06, 2014, 06:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, TSSM barely managed 26 episodes despite good ratings and great reception from both its target audience and even comic book fans, but USM easily manages to pass 100 episodes despite effortlessly terrible writing and lackluster animation quality?

I'm beginning to think that Jeph Loeb secretly hates Marvel fans and deliberately wants to make shows that nobody would actually enjoy, even kids (and I have plenty of young relatives who watch cartoons, and absolutely none of them watch USM as far as I know).

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on July 22, 2015, 06:25:18 PM
So, TSSM barely managed 26 episodes despite good ratings and great reception from both its target audience and even comic book fans, but USM easily manages to pass 100 episodes despite effortlessly terrible writing and lackluster animation quality?

I'm beginning to think that Jeph Loeb secretly hates Marvel fans and deliberately wants to make shows that nobody would actually enjoy, even kids (and I have plenty of young relatives who watch cartoons, and absolutely none of them watch USM as far as I know).
Even the people who make the show hate it.

I couldn't believe it when I read it would pass 100 next season. This show has been hated since day one by just about everybody, but it just keeps getting renewed because Marvel. Just imagine how much better they would be doing if their shows were actually good.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

I remember seeing an interview where one of the USM writers claimed that kids liked it more than SSM because Spectacular was "too complicated for them" or something similar... Yeah. Sure shows how much faith Marvel has in what used to be Spider-Man's target audience...

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody