Rareware / Rare / Playtonic

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 29, 2011, 08:00:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Interview!

There's a bit of new footage in there too.

200 Feathers per level (once the level is fully unlocked) and 25 Pages per level mean there's going to be a lot to find.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 06, 2016, 08:03:34 PM
200 Feathers per level (once the level is fully unlocked) and 25 Pages per level mean there's going to be a lot to find.
So, like DK64 with one of the collectibles scaled down and no tedious character-switching? Sounds amazing. In the Edge article, they mentioned that the unexpanded levels are designed like the original Banjo-Kazooie and the expanded ones (which are optional) are closer to Banjo-Tooie. As a lover of both games who understands why a lot of people dislike the sequel, that seems perfect to me.

Will watch the interview in a bit. I'm so fucking excited for this game. I didn't realize how much I needed another Rareware collectathon in my life until now. This may have surpassed Nier and Persona 5 on my most-anticipated list. I regret my moody teenage years where I disliked this type of game so much.

Spark Of Spirit

The Toybox has been released today. I expect new videos, post-haste.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Today brings good news and bad news. The good news is that the release date has been revealed - April 11th - and you can now pre-order retail versions for both the PS4 and Xbone. The bad news is that the Wii U version has been cancelled, as Playtonic was unable to successfully port the game to the console. :( They will be replacing this with a Switch version, at least, but no release date is announced yet.

Spark Of Spirit

Daikun

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Peanutbutter

No it isn't. JonTron isn't racist. He got smeared for not towing the SJW values line. Same crap as with PewDiePie.

EDIT: Here are his words about the smear against him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVcz5cgUbbA

gunswordfist

Peanutbutter

Here's another reason JonTron's role getting shuttered isn't great news, Playtonic has been flooded with refund requests over removing him from people tired of these witchhunts.

http://www.craveonline.com/entertainment/1236595-playtonic-flooded-yooka-laylee-refund-requests-jontrons-removal#/slide/1

Dr. Insomniac

While I understand this is a difficult situation, Jontron's remarks a few weeks ago like "Wealthy blacks commit more crime than poor whites" are not something that a game studio aimed at all ages probably wishes to be associated with.

Nel_Annette

Well, Jim Sterling gave it a 2/10. Holy shit. Other reviews seem to be middling. Not what I was hoping to see. Still want to try it out though.

Spark Of Spirit

GameXplain said the technical issues on the XBone version are atrocious.

How it was allowed to be released in this state is beyond me. I'm not the biggest fan of JonTron's removal, but this janky quality is just incompetent.

I hope we don't have another Mighty No. 9 here.

Peanutbutter

Sorry, already seeing some places out there as such. Metacritic has it at 67. That's not good.

Hate to say it, but I knew this was going to be the case when they dumped JonTron. The way that post from Playtonic about the controversy made it obvious they were infested with SJWs and nine times out of ten they don't make anything worthwhile.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 04, 2017, 02:59:17 PM
GameXplain said the technical issues on the XBone version are atrocious.

How it was allowed to be released in this state is beyond me. I'm not the biggest fan of JonTron's removal, but this janky quality is just incompetent.

I hope we don't have another Mighty No. 9 here.
Why the fuck not, after his racist rant?