Cartoon Network Nostalgia Thread

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 10:38:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daxdiv

They covered a lot of shows here. I can spot reps from Camp Lazlo, IM Weasel, PPG, Johnny Bravo, Generator Rex, Regular Show, Secret Saturdays, Chowder, Ben 10, Flintstones, Looney Tunes, Scooby Doo, Megas XLR, and so many others.

Avaitor

Yeah. They even have Robot Jones and Mitch from PPG in there.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Avaitor

Craig Crumpton from tz has an animation media collectors group, and in it, he posted something about how Target is selling exclusive 20th anniversary CN DVDs. I saw Flintstones, Adventure Time, Regular Show and the Smurfs there. This place is that next to a Target so I might check it out later.

Edit: meh, these are just rereleases of older DVDs with new packaging, most of them single discs. The Flintstones one does have the first season though, so if you want that, I'd recommend it.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Oh, forgot to mention that I actually saw this on Friday... But I can't really remember all the shows. There was a good episode of EE&E, the Powerpuff Girls and... one more that I can't remember... and they were all very enjoyable.

Too bad they ended it with Gym Partner. The show is still awful.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Eddy

Gym Partner is probably the worst Cartoon Cartoon. Ever. And I can think of a few more Cartoon Cartoons I didn't care for.

But, really, Gym Partner was just trash with no redeeming qualities what-so-ever.

Kiddington

Worse than Squirrel Boy? Problem Solverz? ANNOYING ORANGE?!?!

I'll admit, Gym Partner is pretty bad, but it has some awfully steep competition here for flat-out worst.

Nel_Annette

Don't forget that shaved animal shit. heh

Eddy

Okay, I forgot about Squirrel Boy. And I guess I wasn't thinking of Problem Solverz and Annoying Orange as "Cartoon Cartoons" since, at the point, they dropped the label.

But, yeah, all of them are worthy contenders for "worst Cartoon Network orignal". Whoever wins, we lose.

Kiddington

Quote from: Eddy on August 14, 2012, 01:24:32 AM
Okay, I forgot about Squirrel Boy. And I guess I wasn't thinking of Problem Solverz and Annoying Orange as "Cartoon Cartoons" since, at the point, they dropped the label.

But, yeah, all of them are worthy contenders for "worst Cartoon Network orignal". Whoever wins, we lose.

I thought they dropped the actual "Cartoon Cartoon" label way back around 2003, 2004-ish. I never remember Gym Partner or Lazlo or any others of that ilk ever being referred to as such, but maybe I'm just mistaken.

...but now I'm just splitting hairs, so whatever.  :sweat:

Quote from: Nel on August 14, 2012, 01:01:50 AM
Don't forget that shaved animal shit. heh

That's actually not a CN original, though; another *cough* fine import from north of the border, as it stands.

Daxdiv

Quote from: Kiddington on August 14, 2012, 01:27:46 AM
Quote from: Eddy on August 14, 2012, 01:24:32 AM

I thought they dropped the actual "Cartoon Cartoon" label way back around 2003, 2004-ish. I never remember Gym Partner or Lazlo or any others of that ilk ever being referred to as such, but maybe I'm just mistaken.

In all fairness, I still think of Cartoon Cartoons as anything made with the CN Studios label now. (With obvious exceptions like EEnE and Courage) Can't shake that label to this day so things like Regular Show and Flapjack still count for me as CC. Gym Partner and Lazlo still were made there. Though despite coming from the bad era, I still like the ending animations they had near the credits for them. Seeing a fun little pencil test of the cartoon characters doing something silly made me smile.

Eddy

I admit that I too often think of all CN originals as Cartoon Cartoons (though for some reason I have a harder time thinking of Adventure Time and Regular Show in such a way). I wish they'd bring the name back.

Avaitor

I go by the belief that all CN originals made up to KND were Cartoon Cartoons, with the exception of Jack.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

I don't give a fuck about the Cartoon Cartoons label. In the end, they're all CN originals.

Foggle

Wasn't Adventure Time originally going to be a Nicktoon?

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on August 14, 2012, 11:36:43 AM
I don't give a fuck about the Cartoon Cartoons label. In the end, they're all CN originals.
This.

Avaitor

Quote from: Foggle on August 14, 2012, 12:31:50 PM
Wasn't Adventure Time originally going to be a Nicktoon?
The pilot was made for their Oh Yeah! Cartoons revival, but I don't think Nick ever really considered buying it. CN picked it up as soon as they could.

New blog!