Toonami

Started by Rynnec, May 21, 2012, 02:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

Last week's episode of Dragon Ball Z Kai got over 2 million viewers and was the #1 cable program of the night. Akame ga Kill's premiere episode was the second highest rated and got over 1.8 million viewers.

Damn, that's impressive! I wonder why so many people were watching the block last week? Maybe the good press for ROF revitalized public interest in DBZ again? Either way, though these numbers are sure to be anomalous, it's cool to see the block pull in these kinds of numbers, even for the shows that I really don't care for. 

EDIT: Here are the full ratings for last week ftr:

12:00a: Dragon Ball Z Kai   - 2,015,000
12:30a: Akame Ga Kill  - 1,822,000
1:00a: Michiko & Hatchin - 1,464,000
1:30a: Sword Art Online - 1,190,000
2:00a: Naruto: Shippuden - 1,049,000
2:30a: One Piece - 850,000
3:00a: Attack On Titan (r) - 917,000

Only the first half of the block got particularly unusual ratings, as the last half's are pretty common of it. Ouch for OP, though; even on an above average night for the block, it still can't catch a break.

gunswordfist

One Piece deserves better. Also, while it probably doesn't matter, which episode of Kai was it?

LumRanmaYasha

The episode where they defeated Captain Ginyu and summoned Porunga.

I wouldn't be surprised if the key episodes of the Freeza fight manage to do as well or better.

gunswordfist

Not bad.

I really hope those Frieza episodes do do better ratings.

LumRanmaYasha

There will be a Mitchiko & Hatchin marathon on September 5th. The lineup will be as follows:

12:00am – Michiko & Hatchin 4
12:30am – Michiko & Hatchin 5
1:00am – Michiko & Hatchin 6
1:30am – Michiko & Hatchin 7
2:00am – Michiko & Hatchin 8
2:30am – Michiko & Hatchin 9
3:00am – Michiko & Hatchin 10

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

No doubt that DBZ got a huge boost thanks to the new movie renewing public interest.

Was DBZK on Toonami last year back when BOG was released in theaters? If so, I'd be curious to see if that also gave it a boost in ratings.

At any rate, I'm glad to see that the DB franchise has been doing so well, lately. Putting the last episode of Super aside, they've done a good job of breathing life back into the series with some genuine, loving effort. BOG and ROF actually got me invested into seeing where the post-manga series will head from here. Now they just need to let it evolve a bit for a modern audience....but it's Toei, so I'm really worried.

Daikun

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on August 15, 2015, 12:44:45 AMWas DBZK on Toonami last year back when BOG was released in theaters? If so, I'd be curious to see if that also gave it a boost in ratings.

No. We had to wait for Bleach to slog through its remaining episodes first (there was about 10 episodes left).

Daxdiv

As far as DBKai is concerned, I do wonder how much the 8 PM showing does rating wise. I assume it does pretty well considering how long it's been there. Didn't it start on like the 8th or 9th episode or something?

But man, the 90s nostalgia for Dragon Ball must be pretty strong right now, I'm kinda happy with that in a sense. We did get that pretty killer video game in Xenoverse as well.

gunswordfist

So Xenoverse is good? Man, this is making me want to catch up faster now.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

The reviews for the game were pretty mixed to lukewarm, but fans seem to love it. I'm a bit too spoiled by good action games, and I'm also not a fan of games with an MMO set-up, so I doubt that I'd really be into the game, myself.

At any rate, there's not too much to catch up on, yet. There's the two movies, BOG and ROF, and Super, which is still stuck retelling the story of BOG so far. There's also JTGP, which is an optional read.

Dr. Insomniac

Just watch TeamFourStar's playthrough if you want to see what Xenoverse is like.