Reviews & Features Discussion

Started by Foggle, December 27, 2010, 04:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Nice work, Cartoon_X. BBB sounds like something right up my alley.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

LumRanmaYasha

Great work again, everyone!  :thumbup:

This season looked really interesting on paper and a lot of people were excited for it, but now that's come to pass it's pretty underwhelming and everyone seems rather bitter about it. I seemed to have appreciated more than some others here (probably because I have read the manga for a lot of these and hence know what I can expect from them), but in terms of genuinely great premieres, only Blood Blockade Battlefront and Gintama really hit the mark. The execution of the Food Wars! anime infuriates me since I really enjoy the manga, and I'm expecting Yamada-kun's premiere to be just as dishearteningly disappointing. The fact Lupin's been delayed is also a travesty and perhaps a crime against all of humanity, or at least anime fans, since it would have undoubtedly blown everything else that came out this season out of the water. Still, there's plenty I'm interested in keeping up with right now, so it's still a decent season. Though, knowing my tendencies to lose interest/fall behind on shows, the only series I expect myself to keep up with every week from beginning to end are Rin-ne, Gintama, and Ninja Slayer if it lives up to expectations.

gunswordfist

I'm looking forward to Ninja Slayer as well.

Foggle

Quote from: Cartoon X on April 11, 2015, 07:47:40 PM
The fact Lupin's been delayed is also a travesty and perhaps a crime against all of humanity, or at least anime fans, since it would have undoubtedly blown everything else that came out this season out of the water.
For real. I was so hyped for the new Lupin series after Daisuke Jigen's Gravestone last year, and then... nothing. There hasn't even been an official delay notice posted, nor is there a new air date. Such a bummer. :(

gunswordfist

Meh, gets me time to catch up with other series. :sly:

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Foggle on April 11, 2015, 09:35:10 PM
For real. I was so hyped for the new Lupin series after Daisuke Jigen's Gravestone last year, and then... nothing. There hasn't even been an official delay notice posted, nor is there a new air date. Such a bummer. :(

The latest news I've heard about it is in regards to the "Lupin III Anime Night" events sponsored by TOHO cinemas in promotion of the series, which supposedly will come out sometime this year. My guess is that we won't see it until the Fall season, unfortunately.  :-\

Spark Of Spirit

Nice write-ups.

There actually is some symbolism present in B3, but I don't know if it's intentional yet. I'll have to see where the story and characters go first to be sure. Otherwise, yeah, this is good old fashion Nightow. Sort of a weird mix of X-Men and the more lighthearted episodes of Cowboy Bebop, it sure is a lot of fun. I've been waiting for a series like this for a long time.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Spark Of Spirit

This is not animation.

I'm furious.

gunswordfist

Just flip the pages really fast.

Lord Dalek

LumRanmaYasha

This is probably one of the worst seasons in recent memory. Few shows had a decent first episode, and the ones that did were hardly impressive.

Looking it over, and I really should have proofread my entries more. There's some grammatical errors I missed that are flat-out embarrassing, ugh.

Spark Of Spirit

Looks like a pretty big whiff. Though looks like I might give Ushio and Tora a try at the very least.

What I wouldn't do for a fantasy anime that was good and not based or centered around a video game world. It can't be that hard. Really.

EDIT: Also wouldn't mind a proper Flame of Recca anime that does the manga justice if more older series are possible.