Video Game Music

Started by talonmalon333, December 31, 2010, 12:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddy

While we're on the subject of Donkey Kong Country, one of my favorite tracks has always been Flight of the Zinger from DKC2. Something about it is just so awesome.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Kiddington on July 18, 2011, 12:37:31 AM
...speaking of DKC, I'd say it's time for some more David Wise love. Desen should appreciate. Didn't mention this in my last post because that was about 3, but I digress.

Anyway...

Forest Interlude
Welcome to Crocodile Isle/Map Theme

Hot Head Bop was already posted, so I'll forgo that, but yeah, it's another good one. Really, you could pick just about any track from this game to make a point. Even the best VGM soundtracks have a dud or two along the way, but not DKC2. IMO, the music in this game is quite simply perfect.

Not sure how, but you somehow managed to put "DKC2 soundtrack" and "dud" in the same post. :P

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Needs some more Sakimoto, and by Sakimoto I mean more glorious Valkyria Chronicles music.

Drive those imperials out of Gallia
Come to fine tune your squad?
More dick imperials
And the song when you stealth through forests into imperial camps

I'd also like to let you know I'm going to Sega's setup this week and I'm gonna ask the reps for any info about the fate of VC3.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on July 18, 2011, 07:43:10 PMI'd also like to let you know I'm going to Sega's setup this week and I'm gonna ask the reps for any info about the fate of VC3.
Ask them why they haven't released ANY Virtua Cop on the Wii while you're at it. Such a perplexing absence.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Kiddington

Treetop Tumble (8-bit: Donkey Kong Land 3 edition)

After giving so much praise to one of my favorite VG tracks ever, I feel it wouldn't be right if I left out its 8-bit counterpart. Pretty cool, I must say; not quite as dark or haunting as the original, but in some contexts, does sound a bit more sinister.

gunswordfist

Go ahead and add David Wise as a very close 2nd to Yuzo Koshiro on my list because just a few minutes ago I found out that he was responsible for this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xum1du8aeKc
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

lol @ everyone talking about David Wise. I had no clue. I came to the site to find this thread and make my post.

Spark Of Spirit

That's because David Wise is the man. He was wasted at Rare since the early 00s, and since games seem to only feature boring hard rock or orchestral soundtracks instead of videogame music, nobody seems to be asking for his services.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

Spark Of Spirit

Also, since I brought it up, here's a most recent example from the series:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUd6qFvO_Tc&feature=related

I'm sure Foggle would agree.

Lord Dalek

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVhyR2Y4TIE&playnext=1&list=PL0D3D200D469082B5 - an underrated 8-bit MASTERPIECE.

And since I'm in the mood for some Sakimoto as well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUp2P5cDNJE - Fucking epic.

Kiddington

Dark Cave
Dragon's Den
Ilex Forest
Victory Road

More 8-bit love. Couple of my favorites from Pokemon G/S/C. A few of these can be bit repetitive, all things considered, but they still get the job done. The 2nd Gen titles had some excellent cave themes, IMO.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Desensitized on July 19, 2011, 05:16:28 PM
That's because David Wise is the man. He was wasted at Rare since the early 00s, and since games seem to only feature boring hard rock or orchestral soundtracks instead of videogame music, nobody seems to be asking for his services.
:'( Dammit, didn't think about modern video game music like that. Now you done got me depressed