Survival Horror

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, May 10, 2011, 12:11:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VLordGTZ

I haven't played a Fatal Frame game before (I did buy the first game off PSN a while ago, though), but I'll be sure to pick up FF5 when it comes out this week.  The game looks quite good, and it's a shame that NoA is treating it so badly.

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on October 20, 2015, 08:27:52 PM
I must be the only person that doesn't care about costumes unless it's a retro costume for some rebooted series. Even in fighting games I use the default character colors.

Guess I'm just weird that way.  ;)
Same, to be honest. But if I see a really awesome costume, I might be tempted to use it.

Quote from: VLordGTZ on October 20, 2015, 09:27:40 PM
I haven't played a Fatal Frame game before (I did buy the first game off PSN a while ago, though), but I'll be sure to pick up FF5 when it comes out this week.  The game looks quite good, and it's a shame that NoA is treating it so badly.
Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on October 20, 2015, 04:14:04 PM
If I owned a Wii-U, I would totally hit that up. Unfortunately, I don't own any current-gen consoles as of yet. :(
:el_hail:

Keep in mind that I can't vouch for the new game's quality, but the support means a lot to both me and the rest of the fanbase.

Daxdiv

Quote from: Foggle on October 20, 2015, 07:41:36 PM
I mean, I agree with you 100% about the lack of marketing and the no retail disc/super large download size. But even some people who were interested in it before aren't going to buy it now because of two costumes, and that makes me sad. :(

I'm not denying that. It does appear that NoA/NoE's decision to remove the costume was the straw that broke the camel's back for some people. That and people thinking that NoA is arguably the worst branch of Nintendo. Probably not gonna deny that last bit, since it does feel that NoA is at the mercy of NCL.

Hell, even after seeing the costume in question, it is pretty risque. I remember that this was the same company that signed off on censoring Tharja's butt in FE: Awakening. When I first heard about that, I just thought her butt was eating up the swimsuit, turned out Tharja suit was pretty tame and the edit for me made it kinda lewd due to the imagination factor. Then I remember that the translation job for Awakening was handled by 8-4, so I don't know who to blame for that one.

Foggle

NoA is definitely the worst branch of Nintendo, but they did throw us at least half a bone with Fatal Frame 5. I'd rather take the ludicrously huge digital version over no version at all.

8-4 added a fair amount of swearing and sex jokes to Nier and especially Drakengard 3, so I doubt they'd be responsible for any censorship.