E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo) 2012

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 04, 2012, 06:39:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

So Capcom showed off Resident Evil 6 and...?

What is wrong with this company?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 06, 2012, 11:47:57 PM
So Capcom showed off Resident Evil 6 and...?

What is wrong with this company?
Dragon's Dogma already came out. Nobody cares about DmC. Lost Planet 3 is destined to suck hard. They have a serious vendetta against Inafune. Street Fighter is finally getting a much needed rest.

They literally have nothing else.

Spark Of Spirit

Not even a launch game for Wii-U is just incredible.

Castlevania 3DS demo presentation.

Also disappointed at no Contra. :(

I'm holding out for a TGS announcement of Hard Corps 3, but it's not looking too good.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 06, 2012, 05:40:03 PM
Quote from: gunswordfist on June 06, 2012, 05:24:47 PM
Games I wish were announced/show at E3 that will likely not be seen:

Sony-
Jet Moto
Medievil
Tomba 3
Legend Of Dragoon 2
Syphon Filter for PS3
Jak IV
Jersey Devil 2

Microsoft-
Phantom Dust 2
Lots of Rare games
If only Sony or Microsoft cared one iota about their history or franchises.

I picked up a PSN card just for Tomba, after all.
Amen, brother. I grew up on PS1 games.

Add Geometry Wars 3 to my Xbox list.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'd add Shadow Complex 2 to that list, as well. I heard somewhere that they were already making it but just couldn't find a publisher. I'd be extremely pissed if it was in development and Microsoft didn't snag that ASAP as an exclusive XBLA title.

gunswordfist

Watched DmC get played on TV this morning. I really like how no QTEs or anything came up nor was Dante slapped away when he was up close to a big boss. The guy playing just dodged and attacked and the boss didn't even swing slow or anything. For giant bosses, that's how it should be. If they truly don't have everything that turns me off about big "epic" bosses, which are the three things that I just mentioned and they can do this for moving big bosses (they just showed some boss that was chained up or something) then color me interested.
Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on June 07, 2012, 09:55:45 AM
I'd add Shadow Complex 2 to that list, as well. I heard somewhere that they were already making it but just couldn't find a publisher. I'd be extremely pissed if it was in development and Microsoft didn't snag that ASAP as an exclusive XBLA title.
I need to catch up on XBLA titles. Did Behemoth's 3rd game come out yet?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Quote from: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/06/07/pc-gaming-e3s-dirty-little-secret/Did you know that nearly every multiplatform game demoed at E3 - especially during press conferences - is running on PC? I've asked, and so far, I've yet to get a "no." Watch Dogs, Splinter Cell: Blacklist, Far Cry 3, Metro: Last Light, Medal of Honor, Battlefield, Crysis 3, etc, etc.  Here's the weird thing, though: no one talks about it. Presenters mainly brandish Xbox pads as their weapons of choice, and viewers - unless gifted with Thundercats-esque sight beyond sight - are none the wiser.

It is, to be perfectly honest, fairly, well, dishonest. Demoing your game on PC is the new CG trailer. Once again, these demos aren't representative of what console players will be seeing, but oooo, look at the pretty particle effects, perfect frame rate, individually rendered hair follicles, and no aliasing anywhere ever. Is it sketchy? Absolutely.

Interesting, to say the least... but not unexpected.

Spark Of Spirit

Irony: Last year's Wii-U sizzle reel was footage of 360 and PS3 games.

No one would stop whining about it for a full year.

Again- the video game industry.

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 07, 2012, 09:57:37 PM
Irony: Last year's Wii-U sizzle reel was footage of 360 and PS3 games.

No one would stop whining about it for a full year.

Again- the video game industry.
The stupidest part: The Wii-U ended up having much better graphics than the 360 and PS3, but few people know this because that "360/PS3 gameplay" is usually PC footage running on two of the latest $1000 EVGA cards in SLI. :-\

Rynnec

Spark Of Spirit

Smartglass is enough for them to be worried about that kind of thing.

But anyway, if you've been around as long as we have you know the games are coming eventually. It's not like Sony where their line up is scatter-shot or Microsoft when you never known what app they'll focus on instead of having Rare make something unique.