E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo) 2012

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 04, 2012, 06:39:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rynnec

Looked pretty interesting. Probably won't go out of my way to play it though (mostly because I find Zombies to be overrated). The bit towards the end was pretty scary.

Nel_Annette

>_>
<_<

I find myself strangely intrigued by Grand Theft Lego-- er, Lego City.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Brak's Dad on June 05, 2012, 09:17:26 PM
Soul Calibur gets Link, Darth Vader and Yoda while Tekken gets Snoop fucking Doggy Dog.

This is why SC is the better Namco fighting franchise.
Foggle wants to have a word with you..in a dark alley.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Quote from: Rynnec on June 05, 2012, 11:04:41 PM
On the subject of NSMB, I'm sure I'm not the only one who think this, but I think having 2 NSMB games relased withing such a short timeframe of each other is kinda overkill. At the very least, I think one of them should have had sprites and be called "Super Mario Bros. 4" instead. On the brighter side, a few of the features in NSMBU will be pretty interesting.

On an unrelated note; fans of Fist of the North Star will be happy to know that Ken's Rage is ].
Good now they just have to make the game good this time.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 06, 2012, 12:22:27 AM
The three types are interesting:

QuoteThe red fist-fighter, the blue sword-wielder and the green gunner.
Sounds like a certain member here should be interested.  ;)

In all seriousness, I like that they took the base action game tools and simplified them by putting them into such easy to recognize combos and colors. This could be an action game anyone can get into!
Do you work for PlatinumGames or something? ??? :D

Foggle

Just saw this on the Platinum Games forum.

QuoteSo the WiiU's framerate gets cut in half if you use 2 of the new tablets...Also it only has a battery life of 3-5 hours...

Is this true? That's not cool. Looks like I'm gonna' have to shell out for dem rechargeable batteries once I pick up a Wii-U.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Rynnec on June 06, 2012, 12:49:35 AM
Looked pretty interesting. Probably won't go out of my way to play it though (mostly because I find Zombies to be overrated). The bit towards the end was pretty scary.

SC hasn't been good since after II. :P

Rynnec

Quote from: talonmalon333 on June 06, 2012, 02:26:00 PM

Not sure what my opinion on zombies has to do with the quality of the Soul Calibur games, but okay.  :sweat:

talonmalon333

Quote from: Rynnec on June 06, 2012, 02:58:25 PM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on June 06, 2012, 02:26:00 PM

Not sure what my opinion on zombies has to do with the quality of the Soul Calibur games, but okay.  :sweat:

... I could've sworn I quoted a SC post. Either I missed it, or this is the wrong thread.

:bleh:

*Leaves thread in embarrassment.*

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on June 06, 2012, 02:19:34 PM
Just saw this on the Platinum Games forum.

QuoteSo the WiiU's framerate gets cut in half if you use 2 of the new tablets...Also it only has a battery life of 3-5 hours...

Is this true? That's not cool. Looks like I'm gonna' have to shell out for dem rechargeable batteries once I pick up a Wii-U.
I don't know, but I think there's a wire you can connect to the system with that you can remove for portability. I'd probably just leave it plugged in except when I want to take it somewhere else in the house.

But yeah the 30fps thing is true. Streaming a game that powerful across 3 separate screens is taxing (hence so few split screen games these days), so games that take advantage of 2 Gamepads will probably be slower. That said, P-100 is 4 player, so I'm not sure how that'll work since the system only supports two gamepads.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Games I wish were announced/show at E3 that will likely not be seen:

Sony-
Jet Moto
Medievil
Tomba 3
Legend Of Dragoon 2
Syphon Filter for PS3
Jak IV
Jersey Devil 2

Microsoft-
Phantom Dust 2
Lots of Rare games

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 06, 2012, 05:24:47 PM
Games I wish were announced/show at E3 that will likely not be seen:

Sony-
Jet Moto
Medievil
Tomba 3
Legend Of Dragoon 2
Syphon Filter for PS3
Jak IV
Jersey Devil 2

Microsoft-
Phantom Dust 2
Lots of Rare games
If only Sony or Microsoft cared one iota about their history or franchises.

I picked up a PSN card just for Tomba, after all.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

Sonic & Sega Floor Footage

If you ignore the less than amazing playing, the game looks quite good! A step up from the original for sure.

Spark Of Spirit

talonmalon333

The 3DS conference was just as unimpressive as the past few.

I'm not even psyched about Paper Mario yet.