What Are You Listening To II: Whole Lotta Music

Started by Avaitor, July 06, 2013, 03:05:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Haha, my friend actually used to listen to music when he went to bed and that was one of the songs he used to use to help him sleep. It's like you're just gonna drift off at any moment.

Definitely one of my favorites.  ;D
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Avaitor on March 20, 2014, 12:02:42 AM
Rumours is really good for that as well.
Definitely.

But not material with hidden tracks. I've heard some interesting stories regarding some of those.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Kiddington

Jimmy Eat World - "Sweetness"

Ahhhhh way to go Spark, you got me on a kick now.  >_<

No-Personality

Checking out some 90's Apollo 440. If you never heard of them, they're the band that did that poppy techno song "Ya can't stop the rock- don't stop the rock" that you heard on tv in the background on shows like Daria. This was the days of stuff like Moby's "Bodyrock," Fatboy Slim's "Praise You," and that "Start the Commotion" song from Zoolander, so the definition of techno changed quite a bit to being like Tarantino-esque genre mixes (faster than Beck, liTer than Cornelius). I don't mind saying that wasn't my favorite time in electronic music. Their earlier to mid 90's stuff is pretty interesting. Shy of their cover version of "Don't Fear the Reaper." Their sound began lightening up around '96 to get as pop as "Stop the Rock". Before that, they were heavier than Fluke. A great surprise to me. Anyway, since I'm not the biggest fan of "Rock," I think I can say that their change of sound was a mistake. Right now, I'm playing "Heart Go Boom" and it's flat-out awful.
Well, I got so burned out on the road
Too many fags, too much blow
And then Mick and I split up and I said,
"Kid, it's time to take a little bit of a hiatus."
So I got myself a gig at the coffee shop
and I love it.
Why don't you take that corner booth,
I'll take your order in a minute...

Avaitor

Cold Cave- "Love Comes Close"

Their new album should be out this year. I really hope so, since their first 2 are landmarks.

New blog!

No-Personality

Robin Thicke featuring Kendrick Lamar - "Give It 2 U"

For... research. Yeah, that's it. (Seriously, I like this even more than "Blurred Lines." Yes, I liked "Blurred Lines.")
and I love it.

Commode

I liked the video to Blurred Lines.  That redhead is hot.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

No-Personality

Okay... for whatever reason, I keep clicking Play on tracks on Robin Thicke's 2013 album (I hadn't heard anything but "Blurred Lines" and GI2U)... HOLY HELL! I've only found 1 so far that I didn't like (the single he decided should follow "Blurred Lines" directly, "For the Rest of My Life" - bad choice). "Take It Easy on Me" should have been a single. I also adore "Ain't No Hat 4 That."
and I love it.

Nel_Annette

Quote from: Comeau on March 23, 2014, 12:36:46 AM
I liked the video to Blurred Lines.  That redhead is hot.

The only good thing to come out of blurred lines was that redhead. Sweet merciful shit.  :swoon:

Avaitor

I know that one of those girls was Gibby's girlfriend in iCarly.

New blog!

Nel_Annette

I think that's the very one. And she dances around topless in that video. And it is glorious.

No-Personality

and I love it.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Kiddington on March 22, 2014, 01:14:08 PM
Jimmy Eat World - "Sweetness"

Ahhhhh way to go Spark, you got me on a kick now.  >_<
No kidding. A month ago I felt like listening to one song and ended up with both albums on loop for a few days. It really sneaks up on you if you let it.