Mighty No. 9

Started by Daikun, September 01, 2013, 02:10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

Keiji Inafune is making Mega Man games again!

Without Crapcom's "help!"

Nel_Annette

Good, good. I really want him to succeed with this. Would make a great "take that" to Capcom.

Lord Il

Retribution is finally at hand.
The funding goal is close to being met in only mere days.

Edit: The goal has been met! Funding continues to pour in.

Peanutbutter

Met the quota for Linux, hope it gets up to having a PS3/WiiU release. Capcom's USA department still seem to have their heads screwed on straight if Ducktales is any indication. But Capcom Japan are still being petty with not releasing Mega Man Legends 3 or any Mega Man game just because Inafune left them. I'd love to see egg on their faces as well as that douche in Europe.  :bleh:

Daikun

4 stretch goals reached so far! :joy: Just one more until it reaches the 3 consoles.

Why only current-gen, though? ??? Wouldn't it make more sense for them to put it on next-gen, since the projected release date is 2015?

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Daikun on September 06, 2013, 07:38:23 PM

Why only current-gen, though? ??? Wouldn't it make more sense for them to put it on next-gen, since the projected release date is 2015?

Funny you should say that..........

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9

gunswordfist

:D That video seemed to have a lot of FUs towards Capcom. This is definitely going to be one of my most anticipated games. I hope they read the 360 goal. They are already at 2 million with 21DAYS LEFT!
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Daikun

Two big pieces of news!

#1: Console stretch goal reached!

#2: The developers of Mega Man 9 wish to help out Inafune with this accompanying Kickstarter!

Daikun

Coming soon to PS4 and Xbox One! :thumbup:

There are only mere hours left. Can they make the handhelds?

Daikun

The Kickstarter is over.

Final tally (including PayPal donations): $4,031,550

This means they managed to clear EVERY SINGLE STRETCH GOAL! :zonk:

gunswordfist

Quote from: Daikun on October 01, 2013, 11:29:22 PM
The Kickstarter is over.

Final tally (including PayPal donations): $4,031,550

This means they managed to clear EVERY SINGLE STRETCH GOAL! :zonk:

HOLY SHIT BATMAN, THERE IS A GOD!!!

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Eddy

I went and kicked in $20 during the last couple hours of this. Now to play the waiting game. :happytime:

Spark Of Spirit

Now maybe Shantae will get some kickstarter love.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Peanutbutter

I hope this could open the door to other video games busting out their way through development hell. There's no chance for something like Fear Effect to return, but if the main people responsible for it decided to make a new game, this would be a good way to go about it.

Daikun