Cinemassacre's Monster Madness

Started by Daikun, September 23, 2014, 03:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

Day #11: Little Shop of Horrors (He mainly covers the original, but gives a mention to its musical and remake.)

This was the suggestion I made last year! :shakeshakeshake: Oh, and there's no Mike in this one.

Daikun

Daikun

Day #13: The Human Centipede (This one has Mike.)

Yep, just as I suspected, there is indeed a pattern for this month. One day with Mike, two days without.

Avaitor

I'm pretty sure that James said that was the plan in his first video.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daikun

Quote from: Avaitor on October 13, 2015, 04:30:26 PMI'm pretty sure that James said that was the plan in his first video.

Admittedly, I didn't watch the first video. I was so bored from it that I couldn't sit through the whole thing.

Daikun

talonmalon333

Daikun

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I feel like James kind of misses the point when he says that the film is "too talky." Paying attention to all of that talking, much like in Rosemary's Baby, reveals a lot of subtext that enriches the film on repeated viewings. I also never found it slow or just about highlights. There's a lot of subtle, creepy, atmospheric moments that James completely neglects to mention. And saying that he wanted to see more from Damien in terms of Satanic powers would go against what makes the film horror in the first place. Not knowing what he's capable of makes the idea of him much scarier.

Personally, I find this movie to be a horror classic, right up there with the likes of The Exorcist or Rosemary's Baby.

Daikun

Day #16: The Future of Universal Monsters

Another non-movie-specific discussion with Mike. Also, the best Monster Madness intro. ;)

Daikun

talonmalon333

Quote from: Daikun on October 16, 2015, 04:08:20 AM
Day #16: The Future of Universal Monsters

Another non-movie-specific discussion with Mike. Also, the best Monster Madness intro. ;)

It's a shame that we won't be seeing any great horror movies staring the Universal monsters for a very long time.

They should finally make a Dracula movie that stays close to the novel.

Daikun

Daikun

Daikun