BoJack Horseman

Started by Avaitor, October 13, 2014, 01:53:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peanutbutter

Not surprised. Comedy Central seems like the natural fit for it.

Avaitor

They've been picking up cartoons left and right. I wonder if this means anything.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daxdiv

I was kinda thinking to myself that if any network was gonna get the syndication to Bojack, it would have been Comedy Central.Wow, it's also airing after South Park, interesting.

Peanutbutter

BoJack airing on Comedy Central just feels right. Still amazes me that it didn't end up on it in the first place.

Avaitor

Wow, it took me a while to finish season 5. I just don't have it in me to binge a series like I used to anymore. I finished the last season in one or two sittings right before the hurricane hit, but I could only do like 3 episodes a night for this one.

That doesn't mean that I thought this was a bad season at all, but I do think that it was a slight step down from the previous two seasons. Although Pickles was the only thing I really didn't like from this year. There was an actual hint towards end game this season, even though I think we might still have a couple of years left before we get there.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

LumRanmaYasha

I'm really confused why Comedy Central is only airing one episode of Bojack a week when it has plenty of episodes to warrant daily airings. I guess they're trying to promote their run of it by having it air after new South Park premieres, but even then, it seems like a waste to only give it two or three showtimes on Wednesday nights.

Daikun

Avaitor

It's sad, but if this is where the show is meant to go, it's for the best.

I'm honestly more upset that this season is going to be cut in half, but at least the gap won't be too big.

New blog!

Peanutbutter

While I'd be fine with two or three more seasons, I'm not too bother with BoJack ending on six. At least it's one more than Duckman got. Between finding his half-sister and now going to rehab and finally getting close to becoming a better person there's not much room left for BoJack to grow as a character so it makes sense that it's ending soon.

Foggle

But if they didn't cancel BoJack to save money, how could they possibly afford to keep producing Oscar contenders like Tall Girl? You've got to look at the big picture! :>

For real though, Netflix has cancelled pretty much every original series I've ever been interested in, yet they stop at nothing to keep the blights upon our society known as 13 Reasons Why and Big Mouth running indefinitely. Their CEO must be evil.

Avaitor

Netflix's recent axe-friendly streak seems to be part of a twofold change- a recent bias towards shorter-running series, and the company realizing they've picked up more than they can afford. Paying nine digits for one more year of (mediocre, oversaturated) Friends repeats seems like a bigger priority to them than maintaining quality programming, anyway.

It's funny to see the industry really start to favor shows ending sooner rather than later, but it does seem like if you can't find a healthy audience halfway through the first season, it's tough sailing for you. You probably won't see another Cheers, Seinfeld, or even Parks and Rec situation in this day and age, where it takes a little for audiences to find your show. At the same time, so many different series are peaking early on, that it does seem fair to end while the getting's still good. The fact that BoJack has remained as consistent as it has thus far is almost a miracle.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

QuoteAt the same time, so many different series are peaking early on, that it does seem fair to end while the getting's still good.
But that would make sense if any producers on Netflix shows planned their shows to end in 2 or 3 seasons, when many of them like the American Vandal guys, the Daredevil guys, and the Santa Clarita Diet guys all said they were shocked. If you're going to greenlight a show the creators intended to run for a while, then can it just because it doesn't do Stranger Things numbers, that's acting in bad faith and something you would expect from Nickelodeon or Syfy instead of a service that prides itself as a better alternative to cable. And as shit like Tall Girl or most of those Netflix original movies demonstrate, they're definitely not interested in quality control.

Peanutbutter

I agree that that it's a travesty that an abomination like Big Mouth is somehow able to pick up another season whereas Bojack gets cut because Netflix spread themselves so thin. Sucks to hear they didn't really have a choice in ending it, I wonder if they wouldn't be able to get it renewed on Comedy Central like with Futurama?

Avaitor

Is Big Mouth really that bad? I'm not especially interested in it, but I've heard a lot of good things elsewhere.

New blog!