BoJack Horseman

Started by Avaitor, October 13, 2014, 01:53:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

It may very well get better, but I absolutely loathed the episodes I watched. Just painfully unfunny and gross, like many adult comedy cartoons.

Dr. Insomniac

I've heard some good and bag things about it, but the art turns me off.

Daxdiv

I hear it's a bit of a mixed bag. There are some moments I've heard where they do things right, and then there are moments from last weekend where they showed off a clip of a pansexual character that was thrashed right and left by most members of the LGBTQ community for thinking that Bisexuals aren't attracted to Transgender individuals, among other things.

Dr. Insomniac

Apparently, Family Guy tried to roast Bojack Horseman, and the creator replied.

Avaitor

Not as great as his clapback to Mike Lazzo, but still excellent.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Avaitor

It took me a little bit longer than I wanted to, but I finally got around to S6A, and I'm conflicted. Conflicted on whether I'm happy that the show is going to end as strong as ever (unless the back half somehow sends it down in flames), or sad that it's ending with as much life in it as the show has. I'm generally in favor of not dragging things out, but since it wasn't a creative decision to wrap up with this season, it stings.

Still, I really enjoyed what we got so far. Especially that last episode. One of the show's hallmarks is how it's able to handle each of the core character's storylines in unison with each other, so taking us away from them was a risky move which the show mostly landed. I really hope the ending in particular isn't a false starter, and BoJack can finally take repercussions for his actions. He can only indulge in his self-pity for so long, as the past season or so have been heading him towards realizing.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Daikun

After six long years, it's the end.

Avaitor

Not sure when I'll get to these episodes. I'm not sure if I'm ready, frankly.

New blog!

Peanutbutter

Started on the first half, I'll give my full thoughts when I get through the rest.

Avaitor

So who do you think BoJack will be in contact with after the finale?

It's obvious that his friendship with Diane is over. They've been drifting apart for a while, but that last conversation at the end just cements that they've ran their course. Which is probably for the best- it really did feel like BoJack was holding her back. It's good that he's at least at peace with it.

Princess Carolyn I think will be around a little more. She'll always have some project for him, after all. But their personal relationship similarly seems to have ran its course. She doesn't need what he has to offer; she probably never really did.

But Todd and Mr. Peanutbutter will still probably be around, I think. Especially Mr. PB, who seems all the more willing to still stand by and support BoJack. Todd, I think, has a little more going on in his life now, but their conversation in the finale seemed hopeful.

New blog!