The Death of Konami

Started by Daikun, April 27, 2015, 08:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talonmalon333

Daikun

Peanutbutter

Well, at least Castlevania is getting an anime series. Here's AlphaOmegaSin's thoughts on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyiXh_lW1nE

Daikun

Quote from: Peanutbutter on August 26, 2015, 11:25:39 PMWell, at least Castlevania is getting an anime series.

We already had one.

Daikun

Daikun

Daikun

This is kinda late. This would've been nice to pick at sooner, but I didn't hear about it.

The retail version of MGSV (PC version) is a total ripoff.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

You should probably specify that it's specifically the PC retail version of the game that's a total fuck-up on Konami's part.

That doesn't make the act any less despicable, but it is a tad misleading to refer to the retail release in general, which would also include the consoles.

Putting that aside, this kind of practice is so disgusting that it should be against the law.

Foggle

gunswordfist

So much fuck-ups exposed on one page...
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Quote from: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-09-18-konami-ceases-triple-a-console-production-on-all-but-pes-reportKonami has ceased all triple-A console game production on everything but Pro Evolution Soccer and there are currently no plans for a big new Metal Gear game, while worldwide technology directr Julien Merceron has left the company. That's according to a pair of reports on French site Gameblog. Eurogamer understands both reports to be true.

And it's over.

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

I might as well move these here...

Quote from: talonmalon333 on September 18, 2015, 01:25:04 PM
Thinking about it, I guess it doesn't matter considering Konami is dead and probably won't ever port anymore games. :bleh:

Quote from: Foggle on September 18, 2015, 01:28:25 PM
Hey, they might. To mobile. :sly:

Seriously, Konami is taking down with them some great IPs. they better sell these since they seem to really be done now.

Spark Of Spirit

I really hope companies get in there and pillage them. There's a lot of legendary IPs that will otherwise fade away if they don't.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

I really hope so. Koonami has been letting IPs rust for 3-4 generations now.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody