E3 2015

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 18, 2015, 11:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Is this in addition to Banjo, or is this that teased game?

Any screens?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 15, 2015, 12:49:23 PM
Is this in addition to Banjo, or is this that teased game?
There might be a new Banjo game, I'm not sure. But this is the teased one. It's called Sea of Thieves.

QuoteAny screens?
Hopefully soon!

Avaitor

I might have to get an X-Box One after all.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Foggle

Quote from: Avaitor on June 15, 2015, 01:00:36 PM
I might have to get an X-Box One after all.
Yeah, between the 360 BC and some of the games they showed off today, it's really starting to look like a great system.

Seriously though, motherfucking Cuphead. I guarantee you'll get a kick outta' this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TjUPXAn2Rg

Spark Of Spirit

Apparently that's going to be on Steam?

Wow, see what I mean about graphics? 2D gaming is never going to look better than this. Still, I hope this plays as good as it looks!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

Rive looks awesome.

It's like Blaster Master, R-Type, and Metroid all melded together. My kind of game.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on June 15, 2015, 11:54:37 AM
Xbone just announced full backwards compatibility. It will soon be able to play every single Xbox 360 game, both retail and download.

That's good shit.
Sweet! :swoon:
Quote from: Foggle on June 15, 2015, 12:47:32 PM
Rareware just announced a cooperative pirate game with cartoon graphics. It looks fucking amazing. There's also a compilation coming of every single game they've ever made that isn't owned by Nintendo, including the original version of Bad Fur Day.

Also, Cuphead looks like the best thing since sliced bread.

Microsoft is killing it this year.
Including every Battletoads excluding the Gameboy game and maybe the Double Dragon crossover?  :swoon: Big ups to the IGN game for actually saying he expected a new Battletoads. Annnd IGN just failed by saying "Will anyone care about Tomb Raider when there's Uncharted 4?

And holy (unholy?) fucking shit does Cuphead look good! This is renewing my love for gaming. :o I haven't been excited about an E3 in years.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

So, uh, Sea of Thieves is coming to Windows 10. Why isn't it exclusive to the XBone? I thought they needed exclusives?

Foggle

I think it makes sense for this particular game due to the multiplayer focus. Not everyone is going to want to pay a subscription to play online, and online games generally last much longer on PC. This will probably increase the brand recognition of Xbox and make Microsoft more money than keeping it Xbox One exclusive would. If they announce a new Banjo game (or anything else single-player), it will likely be only on Xbone, like Rare Replay.

Anyway, the EA conference was a snore, but Mirror's Edge: Catalyst looks mind-numbingly good. It's just like the first game but with enhanced platforming, much better graphics, open-world gameplay, and NO GUNS! :joy: :joy: :joy: Unravel also looks great. Both the game and its developer are adorable and sweet.

gunswordfist

Who cares? Microsoft will be making money and making more money since it's on two platforms and it's still not available on other consoles.

I thought Plants Vs. Zombies looked better than Unravel. I loved the Battlefront gameplay and yes, Mirror's Edge looked great

Spark Of Spirit

Anyone with a Wii U may want to go to the eshop and download some free indie demos. When the games come out you will get a 15% deal on them if you downloaded these demos.

Foggle

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 15, 2015, 04:51:16 PM
I thought Plants Vs. Zombies looked better than Unravel.
Ew. Well, at least you didn't say that freemium Minions game. :lol:

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on June 15, 2015, 04:52:46 PM
Quote from: gunswordfist on June 15, 2015, 04:51:16 PM
I thought Plants Vs. Zombies looked better than Unravel.
Ew. Well, at least you didn't say that freemium Minions game. :lol:
Meh, I rather play a fun action co-op game than another yarn platformer. :bleh:

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 15, 2015, 04:52:13 PM
Anyone with a Wii U may want to go to the eshop and download some free indie demos. When the games come out you will get a 15% deal on them if you downloaded these demos.
That's ingenious.

Foggle

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 15, 2015, 04:55:42 PM
Meh, I rather play a fun action co-op game than another yarn platformer. :bleh:
Yes, a mobile tower defense game turned into an arena shooter is totally better than an evocative passion project. :sly: