E3 2015

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 18, 2015, 11:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on June 16, 2015, 12:04:19 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 16, 2015, 12:02:24 PM
Star Fox Zero is looking great. Seriously.
It looks fucking amazing. Can't wait for it. But the rest of the direct's games really did nothing for me at all, especially since it looks like that Paper Mario & Luigi might be a mini-game collection rather than an RPG.
Like Daxdiv said, it's the way the battle mode works in Mario & Luigi. It's part platformer in execution.

You have NO IDEA how hyped I am for that. TTYD and BIS are two of my all time favorites.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Nel_Annette

A lot of the complaints I'm seeing is that a lot of the new stuff announced were just spinoff games or stuff we already knew, and while that's true, I'm not even mad. That Triforce Heroes game looks fun. Both Animal Crossing games look fun, even if I'm not interested in the Amiibo.

DAT 30th ANNIVERSARY PIXEL MARIO AMIIBO THO!  :zonk:

Foggle

Quote from: Daxdiv on June 16, 2015, 12:07:26 PM
To be fair, most of the special attacks in the Mario & Luigi games are usually like mini-game/QTE to increase the damage done on the attacks.
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 16, 2015, 12:08:42 PM
Like Daxdiv said, it's the way the battle mode works in Mario & Luigi. It's part platformer in execution.

You have NO IDEA how hyped I am for that. TTYD and BIS are two of my all time favorites.
Ah, good, that makes me feel better then. :)

Spark Of Spirit

I might have to get on preordering Star Fox Zero. This is the exact Star Fox game I've wanted since 64.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

From what I seen, Twitter is right about how much Nintendo sucked at E3. But of course this thread has damage control.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Platinum is co-developing Star Fox Zero with Nintendo.

Daxdiv

I guess that's what the devs were retweeting about then.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 16, 2015, 12:12:52 PM
From what I seen, Twitter is right about how much Nintendo sucked at E3. But of course this thread has damage control.
No, Sony 2006, Nintendo 2008, and Microsoft 2008-2013, and every Ubisoft conference sucked. This one was just average. Not a whole lot announced, but there were good games.

Foggle

I just died and went to heaven.

Nier 2.

Developed by Platinum Games.

Directed by Yoko Taro.

Music by Keiichi Okabe.

The literal pinnacle of game development is here.

E3 is over.

The industry is over.

I am dead.

Spark Of Spirit

How many games is Platinum making? I didn't know they were this big of a studio.

gunswordfist

Mediocre=/=worst of all time. Not a whole lot announced is the definition of mediocre at E3.

Anyone, back to excitement. Nier 2 with Platinum Games, Just Cause 3, Tomb Raider footage...hopefully. Square Enix is the true winner of E3.

Foggle

They've been making Nier 2 for awhile I think. Transformers probably just started development. They're only helping with Star Fox. They usually make two games at once so it should be just fine. :)

gunswordfist

Square's DEMOLISHING E3. They are the true winners.

Foggle

Yeah, Square destroyed everyone else. Wow.

Spark Of Spirit

I'm liking Triforce Heroes. Sure it's basically a Four Swords game with online, but Four Swords Adventure was awesome, so I can't complain. Plus it's out this holiday season, so that's cool.

Paper Jam, though. That is something that I definitely NEED more of. I still can't believe this is a thing.