Whatcha Bleedin' Watchin'?

Started by Dr. Insomniac, January 10, 2011, 02:19:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Quote from: talonmalon333 on May 08, 2014, 10:06:57 PM
What do you guys think of the, uh, Syfy channel?
Until I discovered Netflix, I would record the odd Twilight Zone episode from there. That's all the use I have for the channel.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

My reaction to the ending of season 4, episode 1: Fuck yeah!

My reaction to the ending of season 4, episode 2: FUCK YEAH!

LumRanmaYasha

These days it seems like everyone's caught up on GOT except for me... :imnothappy:

gunswordfist

I still don't even know what the show is about.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

It's a fantasy/drama series with kings, lords, knights, dragons, white-walkers, lots of great characters, and some of the most despicable villains in television history. It's pretty great stuff if that sort of thing is up your alley, especially since it's backed by great writing. Just keep in mind that it's high on explicit content, and if you're not the type to see cruel and horrible things happen to the characters that you like, it may be hard to stomach the show. This series kind of reminds me of Monster, what with how it follows the plot-threads of various characters and really keeps you on your toes since nobody is safe in this show.

GregX

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on May 10, 2014, 04:29:16 PM
It's a fantasy/drama series with kings, lords, knights, dragons, white-walkers, lot's of great characters, and some of the most despicable villains in television history. It's pretty great stuff if that sort of thing is up your alley, especially since it's backed by great writing. Just keep in mind that it's high on explicit content, and if you're not the type to see cruel and horrible things happen to the characters that you like, it may be hard to stomach the show. This series kind of reminds me of Monster, what with how it follows the plot-threads of various characters and really keeps you on your toes since nobody is safe in this show.

And it's the best thing on TV. The best analogy I can make is that it's Filet Mignon while "Agents of SHIELD" is a turd left on the Men's Room floor of an Arby's.

Dr. Insomniac

There's a good deal of sexposition though. Lots of characters talking about their plans while fucking.

talonmalon333

Maybe it's about time I finally get into Game of Thrones.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: talonmalon333 on May 11, 2014, 12:06:49 AM
Be sure to avoid comments sections involving the show, since they'll have book spoilers.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on May 11, 2014, 12:07:54 AM
Be sure to avoid comments sections involving the show, since they'll have book spoilers.

Comments sections? Do you mean for articles on this site?

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: talonmalon333 on May 11, 2014, 12:09:57 AM
Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on May 11, 2014, 12:07:54 AM

Comments sections? Do you mean for articles on this site?
No, like YouTube comments. AV Club comments. Tweets. Stuff like that.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, I started watching this show called The Wire. I don't think anyone here has heard of it....

And thus my struggle to understand common rundown neighborhood street slang (most likely already simplified for TV) begins. Other than that the show is pretty interesting, though it does start out a bit slow. I'll update you all on my thoughts once I watch a few more episodes.

Avaitor

In hindsight, the pilot's pretty weak, even by early series roughness standards. But I do think that the show really picks up by episode 4.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

LumRanmaYasha

I need to finish watching The Wire. I bought the dang complete series set, so it's not like there's anything stopping me other than time management...

Avaitor

I think even Game of Thrones would be a little afraid to show as much bloodshed that Hannibal did tonight.

New blog!