31 Nights of Halloween (2015)

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, October 01, 2015, 03:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talonmalon333

I like how this movie works so well in not only getting across its own story, but also at even looking at the psychology of a filmmaker.

Great movie. Perfectly shot and great for people who are interested in suspense or even film making.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

NIGHT 28

Written and Directed by: Wes Craven
Starring: John Steadman, Janus Blythe
Released: 1977

Another Wes Craven cult classic. This is also another one that I haven't seen in a long time, but it did scare me somewhat as a kid, but I kind of find it amusing in a cheesy sort of way as an adult. Though, like I said, I owe this one a re-watch.

talonmalon333

I was never the biggest fan of The Hills Have Eyes. That being said, it's a good horror film, and I do think the idea of...

Spoiler
A stranded family just going mad.
[close]

makes it interesting.

Avaitor

I recently watched both this and the remake earlier this month. The original holds up pretty well, even if it is silly, but the remake is such a by-the-books affair, that it's hard to appreciate.

It's nowhere near as fun as the original.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

talonmalon333

Got to say, this month has flown by. We're nearing the end of it.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

NIGHT 29

Directed by: Mario Bava
Screenplay by: Marcello Fondato
Starring: Michèle Mercier, Lidia Alfonsi, Boris Karloff, Mark Damon
Released: 1963

This is a movie that I've meant to watch for a long time, now. Like most things, I still haven't gotten around to it, but it's an anthology style horror film (sort of similar to Twilight Zone: The Movie), telling three different short stories. It's well-loved among fans of Italian horror movies, and is supposedly a cult classic.

Avaitor

It's pretty good, but I generally like Bava's stuff. I don't remember all that much about it, though.

I should see if it's on Netflix, actually.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

gunswordfist

It is not. I checked all the movies about 3 or less hours ago and only 4 were on there. :(
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Rynnec

Saw the American version tonight, was a pretty great movie, though I'd like to see the original Italian version someday. The American cut replaced the original music with a REALLY cheesy and overdone soundtrack that outright kills the mood in certain scenes, there were also alterations done to each segment to make things more appropriate for American audiences at the time. That being said, the "Drop Of Water" segment manages to retain most of its creepiness.

Also, here's a fun (if obvious) fact: The band Black Sabbath named themselves after this movie. In fact, this was the biggest reason I nominated this movie in the first place.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Rynnec on October 30, 2015, 03:43:29 AM
Saw the American version tonight, was a pretty great movie, though I'd like to see the original Italian version someday. The American cut replaced the original music with a REALLY cheesy and overdone soundtrack that outright kills the mood in certain scenes, there were also alterations done to each segment to make things more appropriate for American audiences at the time. That being said, the "Drop Of Water" segment manages to retain most of its creepiness.

So, basically the equivalent of an old-school anime dub?

gunswordfist

For once in my life, I finally got around to 31 Nights Of Halloween...well, one of the 4 movies Netflix actually had. Seriously, get your shit together, NF.

I chose Tucker & Dale Vs. Evil to watch an hour or so past midnight today. I am so happy I chose Tucker & Dale. I haven't laughed at a horror movie this much since one of the Evil Dead movies or The Thing. I am so happy I went into this movie completely blind, which I recommend everyone who doesn't already know what the movie is about to do. It even kind of kept me guessing at some points. All in all, it's one of my favorite horror movies now. I do need to rewatch some of my favorites so I can decide where I'll list it though.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

NIGHT 30

Written and Directed by: Michael Dougherty
Starring: Dylan Baker, Rochelle Aytes, Quinn Lord, Lauren Lee Smith, Moneca Delain, Tahmoh Penikett, Brett Kelly
Released: 2007

Another popular anthology-style film that's comprised of five loosely connected short stories following different characters. I've seen Doug Walker/The NC talk about this movie on a few occasions, but haven't managed to check it out, yet. It does look like something that's fun to watch with your friends on Halloween Night, though.

talonmalon333

If it were any other year, I'd call this the best choice for a movie to save for tomorrow, second to the film Halloween itself, anyway.

Trick 'r Treat is a lot of fun. It's kind of like Hocus Pocus in just how well it captures the spirit of the Halloween season. Like, it's not the scariest movie ever made, but it just captures that fun spooky spirit so well.

Rynnec

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on October 30, 2015, 11:24:08 AM
Quote from: Rynnec on October 30, 2015, 03:43:29 AM

So, basically the equivalent of an old-school anime dub?

More or less, though the actual acting is pretty decent.

Avaitor

This was a last-minute change, since I have plans for my original choice for today.

But I love this. It's a cool little 80's throwback, but done in a clever modern way, with each story connecting well. And Sam deserves his position as a modern horror icon.

Also, I'm totally down for Krampus when it comes out in December!

New blog!