The Greatest Anime Episode Ever Tournament

Started by LumRanmaYasha, July 10, 2016, 01:52:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Whoops, I ended up nominating the wrong Kenshin episode. I assumed tge episode titled Ultimate Technique...would feature the Ultimate Technique. Either way, great episode and my nostalgia meter was going crazy. I also have a new appreciation for the episode with how Hiko was talking about Kenshin's maturity and his lack of value for his own life. The moment when Kenshin starts to truly value his own life in the next episode is why I tried to nominate it. I am about to watch this match's other 3 episodes.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Tora - This is when the series goes from good to great
RK
UY - What a beautiful and sad episode :'(
Lupin

VLordGTZ

"The Demon That Turns Back Time"
"Darling, I Love Your Kindness"
"One Chance for a Prison Break"
"The Ultimate Technique Of The Hiten-Mitsurugi Style: Reunion with a Mentor, Seijuro Hiko"

LumRanmaYasha

Results:

Urusei Yatsura #157: "Darling, I Love Your Kindness" - 10
Ushio & Tora #19: "The Demon That Turns Back Time" - 12
Rurouni Kenshin #41: "The Ultimate Technique Of The Hiten-Mitsurugi Style: Reunion with a Mentor, Seijuro Hiko" - 9
Lupin the Third Part 1 #4: "One Chance to Breakout" - 9

"Darling, I Love Your Kindness" and "The Demon That Turns Back Time" move on to round 2! The next match will be up shortly.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I've actually seen all four of these for a change:

"Silence"- This is easily the most pivotal moment in all of Death Note, and it was executed incredibly well here.

"Both of You, Dance Like You Want to Win!"- For a show that's known more for its somber tone and deep symbolism, this is one of its more surprisingly fun episodes. It was both hilarious and gratifying seeing Shinji and Asuka trying to work together (begrudgingly on her part) to achieve a common goal.

"Cowboy Funk"- A pretty entertaining episode.

"Not Enough Money!"- Also fun stuff, but I just prefer the episodes (and series) listed above, personally.

Avaitor

I'll watch the Amagi and rewatch the DN eps soon.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

LumRanmaYasha

Same as Dr. E-k.

I'd explain my choices like usual, but since E-k covered the jist of what I would have said about DN and NGE anyway, I'm gonna slide on that this match.

Avaitor

"Both of You, Dance Like You Want to Win!'
"Silence"
"Cowboy Funk"
"Not Enough Money!"

That Amagi episode wasn't really bad, but wasn't my thing. It's not right to ditch the show for good, but it's not enough to entice me to watch it, and definitely the weakest ep here in my eyes.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Amagi is an OK show. Personally I'm a fan of author Shoji Gatoh's humor in Full Metal Panic, and I love Fumoffu. However, ABP, while entertaining, never really struck the same chord with me, personally.

Spark Of Spirit

"Silence"
"Cowboy Funk"
"Both of You, Dance Like You Want to Win!'
"Not Enough Money!"
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

LumRanmaYasha

Results:

Cowboy Bebop #22: "Cowboy Funk" - 9
Death Note #25: "Silence" - 15
Amagi Brilliant Park #5: "Not Enough Money!" - 4
Neon Genesis Evangelion #9: "Both of You, Dance Like You Want to Win!" - 12

"Silence" and "Both of You, Dance Like You Want to Win!" move on to round 2! The next match will be up shortly.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

"Paradise"
"The Doctor's Disease"
"A X False X Rage"
"I Can't Be the Only One, Baby"