What are you currently playing? 4.0

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, December 27, 2010, 05:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sketch

I basically finished A Link to the Past with only the Temple of the 4 Swords left.

Ganon was a pussy.

I mean that fight was seriously anticlimactic.

If you have potions that can refill your magic meter you can go through the harder parts of the fight with the Magic Cape. I imagine he'd be much harder if you didn't have it but then I question, why wouldn't you have that and the magic to use it as you see fit? Furthermore why wouldn't you come to the fight with healing items? If you are even relatively well prepared the fight is a joke. Only the final stage gets frustrating because it's a little more difficult to get hits in.

On the other hand being able hold off on fighting him until you see fit is the biggest difference between a difficult fight and an easy one. You can restock your items before the fight. If that wasn't an option and you had to beat both Aganim and Ganon back to back without a break it would have been quite a bit more tasking but still very do-able given Aganim is likewise very easy if you have the Magic Cape and the magic to use it.

The final fight in the Temple of the 4 Swords will surely be a lot more tasking so I'm looking forward to it.

Still gotta get back to Epic Mickey one of these days... Wii Play is such an oxymoron. It's my only modern console but it gets less play than my GBA:SP lately.

Foggle

Story in Catherine really ramps up near the end (I was actually on the edge of my seat) but ruins all the built-up tension with a stupid plot twist that kind of decreases its overall impact and worth. Still really fuckin' good for a video game, though.

Rynnec

Me and my cousin played and beat Scott Pilgrim vs The World yesterday. Game was a pretty good beat'em up, and we had fun despite only having a slight interest in SP.

Our spirits high, we tackled Donkey Kong Country Returns, fully intending to finish it and complete 2 games in one night. Then we got to 8-2...

I hate the rocket barrel levels.

Avaitor

Quote from: Rynnec on July 27, 2011, 08:00:55 PM
Me and my cousin played and beat Scott Pilgrim vs The World yesterday. Game was a pretty good beat'em up, and we had fun despite only having a slight interest in SP.
I played the first 3 stages of this at a friends house a while ago. He was Scott, I was Ramona. I had a blast. I'm a huge fan of SP while he's only seen the movie (a bunch, though), so I especially enjoyed all the little references around in the game. It's fun stuff that I'd totally buy if I had a 360.

Quote from: Rynnec on July 27, 2011, 08:00:55 PMOur spirits high, we tackled Donkey Kong Country Returns, fully intending to finish it and complete 2 games in one night. Then we got to 8-2...

Same. Cheap as fuck with little pay-off. Those were easily my least favorite parts of the game.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Especially when you're going for the Kong letters. I honestly don't know why they replaced the swimming levels with those.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Sketch

Well I beat the Temple of the Four Swords. The battle against the Link clones took a trial run to get my strategy down but I was able to beat them the second time.

I applaud the design that made using the Magic Cape almost useless because the clones could put the Cape on whenever you did. But if you didn't stay cloaked long you could get some cheap shots in if you were lucky.

The whole fight basically came down to dodging and preventing yourself from taking consecutive damage because they could rack it up quickly. Not amazingly difficult though.

Now perhaps I'll get my Epic Mickey on or dig up Oracle of the Ages which I have lying around here somewhere.

Inspired by Daxdiv I might do a Pokemon Yellow Nuzlocke run because it's the only Pokemon game I'm comfortable deleting my save file on at this time. That wont be a particularly hard game to do a Nuzlocke run on though unless I don't permit myself from getting Bulbasaur, Charmader and Squirtle. That would make it quite challenging I suppose. Maybe I'll try it both ways.

Rynnec

QuoteSame. Cheap as fuck with little pay-off. Those were easily my least favorite parts of the game.

QuoteEspecially when you're going for the Kong letters. I honestly don't know why they replaced the swimming levels with those.

The thing that gets me about them is that you have to constantly tap the A to make the rocket go higher, which means you constantly have to be concious of when you tap it, otherwise you may hit an obstacle. I honestly don't know why the made it that way, if you could just control the damn thing with the control stick, then the levels probably wouldn't be half as bad as they are now.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Avaitor on July 27, 2011, 08:05:49 PM
Quote from: Rynnec on July 27, 2011, 08:00:55 PM
I played the first 3 stages of this at a friends house a while ago. He was Scott, I was Ramona. I had a blast. I'm a huge fan of SP while he's only seen the movie (a bunch, though), so I especially enjoyed all the little references around in the game. It's fun stuff that I'd totally buy if I had a 360.

Quote from: Rynnec on July 27, 2011, 08:00:55 PMOur spirits high, we tackled Donkey Kong Country Returns, fully intending to finish it and complete 2 games in one night. Then we got to 8-2...

Same. Cheap as fuck with little pay-off. Those were easily my least favorite parts of the game.

What do you mean "little pay-off"?

Spark Of Spirit

Insect Armageddon is even better in hard mode. More enemies, more swarms, and better item drops. I think the Missile Launcher might be replacing the Rocket Launcher as my secondary weapon, as it seems to taking the flying ships down faster, and seems to do less damage to me if I blow the ground below me up (to clear the area if I'm swarmed)... Though I think the Rocket Launcher does more damage on the giant walking robots, I'll take the trade off of the launcher having a seeking ability which tends to distract them if I hit them at odd angles and gets them off of my teammates and chasing me instead.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I played another level of ODST (I'm playing about 1 mission a night since I don't get time to play much more than that at my cousin's house on the weekdays). Its honestly really entertaining. I feel that the game got bashed a bit more than it deserved when it was initially released. The bashing is understandable given its short length and that it was released at full price, but now that it can be bought for $10-$15 which is what its really worth, the actual gameplay itself is very polished and a lot of fun. I also kind of like that the levels are short, since they are basically filled with fun action and are perfectly paced rather than feeling overly-long or dragged out, which is honestly something that previous Halo games suffered from with some of their longer levels.

Foggle

Finished Catherine. Got the Neutral Katherine Ending from honestly answering all the questions. I'll take a breather for awhile and then grind through it a few more times to see some of the other endings.

Amazing game. I'd say it was my personal GOTY if I hadn't already played the Deus Ex beta. :P

Spark Of Spirit

Finally managed to push my way through 2-5 on hard mode in Insect Armageddon. Fighting two giant Steel Praying Mantis and Giant Spider Leeches at the same time was pretty damn hard and trying, but I managed to pull it off and got some killer loot out of them. The end game is going to be nuts.

Foggle

HOLY SHIT E.Y.E IS ALREADY OUT ON STEAM

MY BODY WAS NOT YET READY :SHOCK: :SHOCK: :SHOCK:

Spark Of Spirit

Spiderman Shattered Dimensions for the DS.

I didn't expect it to be this fun. But the crazy combat definitely makes me hopeful for Shinobi 3DS.

Daxdiv

Well, I just beat Catherine for the first time after taking things easy, taking my time, and for answering the questions honestly, I got the True Lovers ending. That and I laughed at one reveal that was in that ending regarding one of the characters. BAH HA HA HA! Well, it was hinted throughout the game, but it was a nice to see it said out in the open.

I will say that the final level on Easy felt... well... easy to say the least. At least the parts where I was being chased by the game's big bad.

Now, I think I'll play another playthrough, or see if I can exploit my saves to see what other endings I can get.