What are you currently playing? 4.0

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, December 27, 2010, 05:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Quote from: talonmalon333 on October 17, 2011, 02:35:39 PM
Quote from: Desensitized on October 17, 2011, 10:48:59 AM
As a Sonic fan, I know I'm probably going to end up playing that one day... But not for a loooonnnng time.

Please don't. There are people in this world that care about you.
The same can't be said about you though.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, I was playing a bit of RE4 again today, and I'm currently on Chapter 4-1 right now. I got up to the part where Leon runs into Salazar holding Ashley captive (again) and then Salazar springs a trap door open with a spiked-pit for Leon to fall into, which you have to avoid with a QTE. I ran into a strange issue of some sort at this point, here. After I successfully complete the QTE the next cut-scene comes up, however after the cut-scene finishes the screen turns black and the game (and my XBOX, for that matter), completely freezes. I've tried getting through this part a few times but I keep getting this same issue, which means that my XBOX must have some weird bug in it that for some reason hinders the game from progressing past this point or some shit like that which I don't understand. I'll see if there's a way to get this problem resolved, but seeing as how I have this game saved to my HDD it has to be a problem with that, since I'm certainly using no disc to play this game. Seriously, if it turns out that there's no way for me to progress beyond this point without restarting the whole game from scratch, or even worse if I just simply can't find a way to get past this point due to this stupid bug, then I'm going to be really pissed, especially considering that I both paid for this and got pretty damn far into the game.

Foggle

That really sucks, dude. :( Maybe try deleting the game and redownloading it?

You were just about to my favorite boss fight in the game, too. It's actually kind of scary the first time, IMO. :zonk:

talonmalon333

I'm not sure how the XBox save system is, but would the save file remain if you redownloaded the game?

Man, that really sucks. Hope you can work it out.

Quote from: gunswordfist on October 20, 2011, 09:59:02 AM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on October 17, 2011, 02:35:39 PM
Quote from: Desensitized on October 17, 2011, 10:48:59 AM
As a Sonic fan, I know I'm probably going to end up playing that one day... But not for a loooonnnng time.

Please don't. There are people in this world that care about you.
The same can't be said about you though.

You know, the fact that you took days to respond leads me to believe that you were so busy wallowing in your own suffering and in the harsh, unforgiving reality that no one loves you. Yeah, you have my sympathies... faggot.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'm pretty sure deleting the game does in fact delete all of your saves as well, even after you re-download it, but if I don't get lucky and the problem doesn't somehow resolve itself, then that'll probably be my only option, which really blows. If that turns out to be the case then I suppose I'll take a break from the game and play Arkham City (if I end up getting that this weekend after all), and then come back to the game from the start after that.

talonmalon333

You said this just started today, correct? Maybe if you come back to it tomorrow, it'll have fixed itself.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well, that sort of logic has surprisingly worked for me in the past (especially since I don't know a thing about hardware or software), so hopefully it'll work for me now. ;)

I should mention that this isn't the first time I had something like this happen to me. I remember way back on the Dreamcast back when I was playing Sonic Adventure, I had gotten toward the end of the game (I had finished playing all the stages for most characters and probably only has a couple left here and there for really minor characters), and I specifically remember being pretty close to the final boss fight with Perfect Chaos. I got to a cut-scene with Eggman (I can't remember what it was specifically, but just that he was in it), and then the game just froze on me out of nowhere. I turned my game back on and I swear I'm not joking, all the save files had been completely erased without any kind of explanation (including my older brother's save file; though he didn't mind since he had fortunately already beaten the game himself). As for me, though, I was sincerely pissed since I was so close to the end and yet I had no choice but to restart everything from scratch.

I also once had an annoying experience with my file getting damaged and being unaccessible when I was playing KOTOR on my "old" old XBOX (as in, the old original XBOX that I had which ended up breaking down, which I had to replace with another original XBOX). Thankfully, though, I was still only a couple of hours into that game and still on the first planet, so I didn't have to re-tread that much ground to get past where I was before.

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on October 20, 2011, 07:54:13 PM
If that turns out to be the case then I suppose I'll take a break from the game and play Arkham City (if I end up getting that this weekend after all)
It's sooooo hard waiting for the PC version. I know it'll be worth it in the long run (since it only cost me $30 and THOSE GRAPHICS), but goddamn. I made the mistake of watching the first ten minutes on YouTube and now I want to play it even more. :cry:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

The PC version is ONLY $30? And is that brand new or used?

Either way....you guys get all the good deals. >:(

Foggle

It's actually $50, but by combining the pre-order discount at Green Man Gaming with a 20% off coupon, it came out to be a little more than 30 bucks. I was actually able to pre-order both Arkham City and Sonic Generations at that site for less total cash than a new copy of Arkham City would cost on the 360. ;D

talonmalon333

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on October 20, 2011, 08:16:34 PM
Well, that sort of logic has surprisingly worked for me in the past (especially since I don't know a thing about hardware or software), so hopefully it'll work for me now. ;)

I should mention that this isn't the first time I had something like this happen to me. I remember way back on the Dreamcast back when I was playing Sonic Adventure, I had gotten toward the end of the game (I had finished playing all the stages for most characters and probably only has a couple left here and there for really minor characters), and I specifically remember being pretty close to the final boss fight with Perfect Chaos. I got to a cut-scene with Eggman (I can't remember what it was specifically, but just that he was in it), and then the game just froze on me out of nowhere. I turned my game back on and I swear I'm not joking, all the save files had been completely erased without any kind of explanation (including my older brother's save file; though he didn't mind since he had fortunately already beaten the game himself). As for me, though, I was sincerely pissed since I was so close to the end and yet I had no choice but to restart everything from scratch.

I also once had an annoying experience with my file getting damaged and being unaccessible when I was playing KOTOR on my "old" old XBOX (as in, the old original XBOX that I had which ended up breaking down, which I had to replace with another original XBOX). Thankfully, though, I was still only a couple of hours into that game and still on the first planet, so I didn't have to re-tread that much ground to get past where I was before.

That really sucks. At least with old cartridge based games you can understand WHY files and stuff get erased. ???

Either way, since it's been about a day, have you gotten the chance to try RE4 again? Luckily, at least to you, it's the type of game that's easy to just keep playing.

Daxdiv

I 100% Psychonauts on Steam recently. Got all the achievements and everything, collected all the Gold Helmets, all Figments, sorted all the Emotional Baggage, collected all the cobwebs, cracked all Memory Vaults, did the scavenger hunt, showed off Mr. Pokeylope to everyone and found it funny that everyone had a unique reaction to him and I even reach rank 101. Yeah, I was that devoted to the game.

Really, the only part of Meat Circus that frustrated me was the segment before you fight both Little Ollie's dad aka The Butcher and the mental representation of Raz's father, grinding on rails since I kind of sucked at the timing on that. I can't even begin to count all the time that I lost on that segment. Good things lives were endless at that point due to a part in the story.

All in all, despite not playing this game for a long time, I found it to hold up pretty well today and considering that the other version of the game I played was the PS2 version which is known to be the inferior version of the game, I'm glad I got to play one of the best versions of it. The humor is great and every character is unique and has their own quirks. This isn't one of those games that are called hipster bullshit games that just throw things around to be "DEEP AND MEANINGFUL" everything is presented the way it is, has a clear meaning, and exploring the mind does reward you, like a certain part in Edward's mind shows off how deep of a relationship he had with his high school girlfriend before she dumped him to be with the captain of the Cheer Squad.

Spark Of Spirit

Man, going back to Mario Kart DS, and I'm totally not feeling it. It's mostly the courses. Mario Kart DS has the most boring courses in the series and the few that are good are either in the Wii version or coming to the 3DS one. The retro course selection is also dreadful as they picked the most boring MK64 courses and the SMK courses are too short for 3 laps (they were built for 5), the GBA courses were my least favorite from the GBA version, and they picked the most dull courses from Double Dash (a game FULL of brilliant courses and they pick Yoshi Circuit? Ugh)... The game also doesn't really do anything to stand out from the others in the series, so it's just sort of there. It's a fun game, but as far as Mario Kart goes I'd rather be playing any of the other games.

Except for battle mode. That's the best battle mode in a Mario Kart thus far.

After Mario Kart 7 comes out, I doubt I'll be going back to it much. Especially considering the best courses in it are available elsewhere. Eh, maybe if MK7's battle mode stinks I'll go back, but I don't see myself taking it out too often.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

Quote from: Desensitized on November 03, 2011, 06:59:09 PM
Man, going back to Mario Kart DS, and I'm totally not feeling it. It's mostly the courses. Mario Kart DS has the most boring courses in the series and the few that are good are either in the Wii version or coming to the 3DS one. The retro course selection is also dreadful as they picked the most boring MK64 courses and the SMK courses are too short for 3 laps (they were built for 5), the GBA courses were my least favorite from the GBA version, and they picked the most dull courses from Double Dash (a game FULL of brilliant courses and they pick Yoshi Circuit? Ugh)... The game also doesn't really do anything to stand out from the others in the series, so it's just sort of there. It's a fun game, but as far as Mario Kart goes I'd rather be playing any of the other games.

Except for battle mode. That's the best battle mode in a Mario Kart thus far.

After Mario Kart 7 comes out, I doubt I'll be going back to it much. Especially considering the best courses in it are available elsewhere. Eh, maybe if MK7's battle mode stinks I'll go back, but I don't see myself taking it out too often.

While it's had a good run, I'm starting to worry that the Kart games are losing it. Double Dash!! was the last one I loved.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I haven't kept up with the Kart games at all so I'm a really casual player of those whenever I get a chance to play them, but I recently played the Wii version with 3 other friends and I had a blast, but from what I've heard on the Internet that one got pretty mixed reactions and a lot of long-time fans don't like it for some reason. Well, I'm not sure if I just read into that wrong, but either way I think its fun to play with friends, and I'm glad that I got to play it.

I also got to play a bit of NSBW which was awesome, and I really wish I could have played through the entire game with my friends. Just playing it for a couple of hours wasn't nearly long enough.