What are you currently playing? 4.0

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, December 27, 2010, 05:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Angus

Wow, haven't played Planescape in ages!

I played a puzzle game called Machinarium. It's pretty fun, and has built in walkthrough spoilers. You can get through it in a few days.
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Pharass

Quote from: Foggle on February 05, 2011, 09:57:21 AM
Quote from: Pharass on February 05, 2011, 03:46:42 AM
I also need to catch up on Planescape Torment.
Good taste! :thumbup:

Thank you. We didn't get a computer in the house until I was 15, so there are a lot of games I never got to play when they were originally released.

Quote from: Angus on February 05, 2011, 11:10:09 AM
I played a puzzle game called Machinarium. It's pretty fun, and has built in walkthrough spoilers. You can get through it in a few days.

I've been thinking of playing "Machinarium", since from what I've heard about it, it seems like the kind of game I'd like.

Speaking of great games, one of my all-time favorites; The Last Express is now available on GOG for 5.99. That's pretty cheap, I mean, I'm pretty sure I paid more for the copy I bought on Ebay.
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

Foggle

True Crime: Hong Kong looked pretty good. And it was almost done. And they released new screenshots for it very recently. And Activision just decided to cancel it.

Seriously the worst publisher out there. There will be serious rage from me if they ever fuck with Blizzard's games.

At least they finally pulled the plug on Guitar Hero (and Tony Hawk, if the rumors are true), though, which should have happened 5 years ago. I hope they do the same to Call of Duty soon.

Spark Of Spirit

All I want from Activision is an XBLA port of Tony Hawk 1 and 2 with soundtracks intact. Possibly 3, but that's it.

It'll never happen, though.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Angus

Any thoughts on the retirement of Guitar Hero? Anyone still play those music instrument games?
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Spark Of Spirit

I stopped playing Guitar Hero when Rock Band came out. I got burned out on the genre, though. So I haven't played them in a while. They really are better suited to be niche, but Activision outright killed it by constantly throwing out crappy releases.

I'm glad EA changed their colors from being just like them, so it would be nice if Activision could too before it costs more people their jobs.

Still haven't forgiven EA for no Mirror's Edge 2, though. If it fixes the problems of the original, it could be the game of this generation of consoles.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

I don't give a fuck about music or True Crime.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Okay, since the 3rd, I couldn't get past a certain boss on Phantasy Star IV. Yesterday night, after I failed to beat him a few more times, I just had everyone level up 5 more times which took for fucking ever but I got some great moves out of the deal. I went back up to him and unlike the about 200 other times I tried to beat him, I did more damage than ever thanks to the team attacks I leaed that day. He still killed us though. Then after a little more than 5 tries I was doing good and then he leaves one character alive eventually. I used Sol-Dew to revive Rika and made her do Double Slash while I was preparing to heal Kyra for the next turn but then Rika kills the boss and I freak out. After all that time my weakest character kills him. Anyway, that night/early this morning I went up to the tower where we were trying to get to in the first place and that's where I am right now. Thank God I got past Air Castle.

Angus

Foggle

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6298567.html

Oh my god, no no no no no no no. This can't be allowed to happen. :'(

2011: BioShock 3
2012: BioShock Infinite
2013: BioShock 5
2014: BioShock 6
2015: BioShock 7
2016: BioShock stops selling on brand-name alone and everyone who worked on the series is fired.
:shit:

Avaitor

Expect a shitload of useless expansion packs.

Wasn't there a time when Activision was the most financially successful third-party company out there, when they bought Blizzard?

Looks like they know how to fuck up fast.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

gunswordfist

Quote from: Angus on February 11, 2011, 08:59:18 PM
Sounds like an exciting battle GSF :)
Why thank.  :thumbup:

Yesterday on Phantast Star IV I beat the boss in the tower. Much much easier than the boss before and none of the characters leveled up or anything since the last boss. I then decided to reload and go back so I can check if I missed any enemies before the boss, got about two that I missed and rewhooped the boss' ass.

I got a flying vehicle after that and went around the original planet looking for secret areas. I found a cave, two island towns and a secret hitech facility and couldn't do jack shit with them. Im sure that at least the two towns and the cave with the big bird are hunter side missions but since I can't do anything since I haven't figured out the dog mission yet, my hands are tied.

So next I went to the island with the temple that I was supposed to go to. I worked my way up there, got what I had to get then a boss came out of nowhere. It wasn't really that hard of a fight. I decided to do another reload before a boss fight so I could unequip a certain character for the moneys and one good thing of armor and then I whooped the boss' ass again. Good times. Oh and like one character leveled up before that boss. It's like they aren't even trying anymore. But then again I did get a bunch of Star/Sol-Dew and used them during the boss battle

Foggle

I was able to score a free copy of Alan Wake, and I'm really enjoying it so far. I especially love Alan's room in the second episode; it's just one big Max Payne reference! Brilliant! :joy: