The Pokemon Topic

Started by Neomysterion X. Prime, December 27, 2010, 06:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nel_Annette

Any incentive to get both versions is good to me.

LumRanmaYasha

Mega Charizard X looks kind goofy too, but definitely better than Mega Charizard Y, and Fire/Dragon? Fuck yeah! I guess I know which version I'm getting now!  ;D

Spark Of Spirit

At least he's finally a dragon type.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

The Shadow Gentleman

One more reason to get X. And a 3DS...

Daxdiv

The moment I saw Mega Charizard X in action in Origins was the moment I wanted one. Good thing in X I decided to go with Charmander as my Kanto Pick, while I think Y will get Bulbasaur if only for my nostalgia and the fact that Bulbasaur was the first mon I picked in Blue, so it going with my first pick of Fennekin in Y seems fitting for me.

Spark Of Spirit

It's not every day you get to see Squirtle try to tear off Charmander's head.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on October 02, 2013, 05:34:30 PM

Friendly reminder that this is probably what fans wanted when they said "A more mature story" You happy with your wish?

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Daxdiv on October 02, 2013, 05:36:22 PM

Friendly reminder that this is probably what fans wanted when they said "A more mature story" You happy with your wish?
It was a bit... much. I'll admit.

Daxdiv

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on October 02, 2013, 05:37:53 PM
Quote from: Daxdiv on October 02, 2013, 05:36:22 PM

It was a bit... much. I'll admit.

It was Charmander's scream that scared me the most. This is not like Ash's happy-go-lucky adventures he's been on for over a decade... at all.

LumRanmaYasha

Wow, does that really happen in Origins? Hmm, maybe I should watch the japanese version after all. I doubt TPCI would keep that in their dub...

Although, the english version of Pokemon Adventures keeps Green's Charmeleon cutting Koga's Arbok in half and Giovanni freezing and then killing those two Magmar, if I remember right, and that's printed under the Vizkids brand, so...maybe.

VLordGTZ

LumRanmaYasha

....geez, I think Charmander's scream says it all. But it's not that bad, though, and I've read darker things in Pokemon Adventures. I think TPCI will probably keep the scene in the dub.

Nel_Annette

I'm liking the game so far, but not loving it. The routes in this game are awesome, as most of them seem to have something on them that makes them really memorable. And I really liked how they set up that fossil cave. The towns are kind of boring though. The gyms are just as easy as the ones in B/W, even though the levels seem to be escalating higher I keep finding myself at a higher level than the Gym Leader's best Pokemon. That may be because of the EXP Share, but that used to never happen.

And Team Flare's just kind of... stupid.

Spark Of Spirit

So this sold 4 million copies worldwide in two days.

Remember when Pokemon was supposed to be a fad?

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I thought that the main series Pokemon games always sold pretty well, both in Japan and overseas, so this news honestly doesn't surprise me too much.