Nick @ Nite

Started by Spark Of Spirit, March 10, 2011, 07:27:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Ugh, Friends is coming to the block. It's not a freaking family show, dammit.

Anyway, I thought having a thread for this classic TV show block would be cool.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

They just keep on getting Warner's leftovers, don't they?

I haven't used the block since Fresh Prince was still on it. Malcolm and Chris are decent shows, but I don't sit down to watch them much.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Malcolm hasn't aired in over half a year, I don't think it's part of the block anymore.

But seriously, I wish they would get some TGIF stuff like Dinosaurs or Step By Step. Those would fit way better than Friends does.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Commode

They acquired the rights to Friends years ago.  I think right after the show ended.  I remember hearing that it wouldn't start till 2011-2012, I guess the time flew faster than I'd realized.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Spark Of Spirit

I wonder if they expected the show to already be reran into the ground by this point.

Avaitor

Friends isn't a family show, but that doesn't stop kids from watching it.

The newer Nick@Nite skews, the less shows they get a chance to air, so they might get raunchier shows now. Either they can pull out some older Nick kidcoms or wait for Modern Family to ends, because there really isn't much else for them to give a chance at this point.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Well, I get if I can stomach George Lopez, I can sit through Friends. I just wish they would choose better shows. They still air Family Matters and Full House, so it seems kind of odd that they can't keep airing Roseanne or getting other sitcoms from the same era.

Avaitor

I kind of wish they would put more older shows on, at least on TV Land. I hate how whenever I turn to that now, all I get is Raymond and their new stuff.

New blog!

Commode

Does Home Improvement still air on N@N or TV Land?  I know TBS stopped showing it last fall, after many years of showing it, and it'd be a shame if it's no longer on TV anymore.

I know Roseanne is still on TV Land though, usually late at night.  It also airs for like three or four hours straight in the afternoon most weekdays on Oxygen.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

I know it still airs on TV Land. Dunno about Nick@Nite.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Every few months they'll play like 1 episode early in the morning, but no it doesn't air regularly.

That said, Malcolm is still in the N@N promos, but HI has actually been aired more on the block than that show has.

Kiddington

I always thought The Drew Carey Show would be a good fit for N@N, especially given that it isn't airing anywhere in syndication right now. It's also one of those shows that'll never get a proper DVD release (music licensing is a killer), so it'd be nice to have a place to actually watch it again. I've always had a bit of a soft spot for it myself.

Spark Of Spirit

I wouldn't mind it as I liked the show when it was on, but it would certainly be a better fit than Friends is.

Kiddington

Yeah, that's a terrible call. Especially the whole part about N@N locking up the rights for it nearly ten years ago. Ugh, give me a break; it wasn't that good.

Most overrated goddamn sitcom I've ever seen, in fact. And to think there's actually a crowd that puts this on a pedestal higher than Seinfeld. Subjective taste and opinion is one thing, but shit; I can only handle so much.

Spark Of Spirit

That 70s Show is coming to N@N. I'm still puzzled as to why this airs on Family next to Full House (polar opposites and all), but at least it will be more tolerable than Friends when it comes on.

Still, this show is on way too much.