My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

Started by Spark Of Spirit, March 28, 2011, 11:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

All the debate proved is that people really didn't get the meaning of the episode at all.

But yeah, it was funny.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Katie Holt

Heh, so one of my friends hated Feeling Pinkie Keen. Explained to him that he kinda over-analyzed the whole thing and took the message way out of context.

...he wouldn't have it.

I quote: "It was essentially saying "HEY, WHAT I SAY SOUNDS LIKE TOTAL BULLSHIT, but I'm your friend so you ought to believe me!""

Yeah, really.
twitter.com/autistic_pidge

tweet me if you wish

now back after a long absence with a different display name. yeah

Kiddington

People just naturally seem to over-analyze this series in general.

Colorful cartoon ponies will apparently do that to you.  :humhumhum:

Katie Holt

Heh, he also thinks the episode is a bunch of propaganda.

tweet me if you wish

Dr. Insomniac

Well technically, it is propaganda. Except instead of "Faith over Skepticism", it's just "Buy Our Toys... NOW."

Daxdiv

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on July 28, 2011, 03:41:23 PM
Well technically, it is propaganda. Except instead of "Faith over Skepticism", it's just "Buy Our Toys... NOW."

NOT UNTIL THE TOYS LOOK LIKE THE CHARACTERS FROM THE SHOW!!!

/typical brony reaction :P

Kiddington

Quote from: Daxdiv on July 28, 2011, 03:55:54 PM
Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on July 28, 2011, 03:41:23 PM

NOT UNTIL THE TOYS LOOK LIKE THE CHARACTERS FROM THE SHOW!!!

/typical brony reaction :P

Hey now; that's a fair argument. If I wanted to buy, say, an Applejack figure, I expect 2010-2011 Applejack; not 1986 Applejack. Big difference; biiiiig difference.

...not that I do, mind you (I'd be too embarrassed to even approach a cashier with a My Little Pony toy under my arm); just sayin'.  :awesome:

Spark Of Spirit

The episode is about tolerance and understanding those that have different viewpoints than you. The entire point of Twilight getting hurt was because she was obsessed with not leaving well enough alone and just letting Pinkie be Pinkie. She was convinced that just was in the right, and refused to just stop being a bitch and hounding her friend. The ending was supposed to be Twilight accepting Pinkie just being who she is even though she doesn't quite understand what that means herself.

Not complicated. You don't need to over-analyze the fucking thing to get the simple point. I will give you that the speech at the end could be misconstrued, but if you actually payed attention to the episode you would get it.

People raging about this episode need to remove their heads from their asses, and probably learn a little perspective on how the world really works. Not everyone is out to shatter your world view. Sometimes, they really just want to teach kids lessons about tolerance with cartoon ponies.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

So yeah, just had my best friend over, and made him watch "Party of One" with me. I've been linking him to videos and stuff for a while now, but never a full episode until today.

Overall, he liked it. Especially Gummy. ;) And I'll be getting him to watch more later.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Haha, I love Party Of One. Pinkie can sure be scary when she's paranoid.

Kiddington

I haven't seen Party of One yet. In fact, I missed the last couple of episodes from the tail end of Season 1 ('cept the season finale, I did see that; Best Night Ever was pretty fun).

It's still on Youtube; I guess the Hub isn't going to take these down. I should try and get caught up.

Katie Holt

Quote from: Kiddington on July 28, 2011, 09:39:18 PM

It's still on Youtube; I guess the Hub isn't going to take these down. I should try and get caught up.
Correct. Hasbro sees it as free promotion, as a matter of fact. I wish more companies would take Hasbro's stance, really.

tweet me if you wish

Eddy

I wish I could get more friends to watch this show. I was able to get my brother into the show and another friend of mine (who by turn got her boyfriend into it) but my two closest friends won't even give the show the chance. They've watched plenty of movies, played plenty of games, etc. based on my recommendation but this seems to be where they draw the line. When I asked them why they gave the reasons "it's stupid" and "I'm sure it's a good show, but I don't want to watch it". The latter excuse makes no sense at all (why would you refuse to watch something that you think could be good?) and the first excuse is laughable because they watch plenty of things that I find more "stupid" than FiM.

I know it's hard to believe this show could be any good, since it is based on MLP, but it kind of bums me out that my friends are just disregarding my suggestion for no real reason and refusing to even give this show a chance.

Spark Of Spirit

The one friend I gave a suggestion to watch this show just shrugged his shoulders and watched it. He liked it.

I dunno why most people insist on judging a book by its cover, but take away the title and you'd be hard pressed to find so many obvious haters.

Katie Holt

Yeah, the amount of people that won't even watch an episode because the characters are bright-colored ponies saddens me.

Basically I'm like, just watch an episode before you judge.

tweet me if you wish