Comic Book Movies

Started by Avaitor, May 06, 2011, 11:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Oh, no problem. I should have expected Winter Soldier spoilers during Avengers 2 talk after bringing Avengers 2 talk up myself. I think TWS is the only modern Marvel movie I have not seen. Maybe Netflix has it, idk.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Finally got around to the next Avengers teaser.

So we've got Vision! Glad to see him!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

I was wondering about him. I need to watch that now.

gunswordfist

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I salute you, Captain America and Star Lord. :thumbup:

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Whoa, Avengers 2 trailer 3 is really good..I can't believe it's coming out in less than 2 months. I'm thinking we'd have to wait a year or something. This is going to be a good year for live action Marvel.

Spark Of Spirit

The new TV spot seems to confirm Cap as the leader (it's Tony who says it, so it counts) which I'm glad. It was the one thing about EMH that felt a bit off as Cap is a natural leader and whenever he took charge in the show things tended to work out better.

But of course I'm biased.  :P

gunswordfist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WM915QsOyI

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 20, 2015, 10:43:44 PM
The new TV spot seems to confirm Cap as the leader (it's Tony who says it, so it counts) which I'm glad. It was the one thing about EMH that felt a bit off as Cap is a natural leader and whenever he took charge in the show things tended to work out better.

But of course I'm biased.  :P

gunswordfist

Did I mention that I would want Beast to join the team more than Spider-Man or Wolverine yet? Anyway, put him, Black Panther and Vision on the team and that'll be all I ask for.

gunswordfist

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/report-the-russos-may-direct-avengers-infinity-war/1100-151773/
While it stinks to see Joss Whedon go, Captain America: Winter Soldier was an incredibly strong film that was surprisingly epic, so having the Russos on board for the third and fourth Avengers films seems like a great idea. What do you think about this report?

:(

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

This is pretty old news, actually. It was well known months ago that Joss would be stepping down from Marvel films and that the Russo brothers were in consideration for directing the next Avengers movie(s).

As for my thoughts on that, I'm perfectly on board with it. The Avengers was great, and I'm sure that Age of Ultron will be great as well. After that, it makes sense that Joss would be burned out on making these kinds of films, so he likely wouldn't be able to put his all into any more of them. Meanwhile, it'd be interesting to see the Russo brothers put a fresh new spin and style on these films, and they have proven their talent and capability with The Winter Soldier.

It seems like a wise decision to make on Marvel's part, IMO.

Spark Of Spirit

Winter Soldier is one of my favorite superhero movies so I'm fine with it. Joss seems to have put his all into Ultron so it should hopefully be a good send off for him.

gunswordfist

Not either waterworks in this thread. anyway, I have yet to see Winter Soldier..still.

Dr. Insomniac

He looks exactly like the Smallville Lex. Pfft.