Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on June 07, 2011, 09:29:00 PM
Quote from: Desensitized on June 07, 2011, 05:39:25 PM
City Escape confirmed for Sonic Generations
I just came.

ROLLING AROUND AT THE SPEED OF SOUND
Better trailer  :sly:

By the way, Pikmin 3 confirmed as in development for the WU and it's apparently very far along. Launch title?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: Desensitized on June 07, 2011, 09:58:29 PM
Quote from: Foggle on June 07, 2011, 09:29:00 PM
Quote from: Desensitized on June 07, 2011, 05:39:25 PM
City Escape confirmed for Sonic Generations
I just came.

ROLLING AROUND AT THE SPEED OF SOUND
Better trailer  :sly:

By the way, Pikmin 3 confirmed as in development for the WU and it's apparently very far along. Launch title?
Thanks Desen. Sonic Generations is why I came here.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Wii U looks cool and all, but am I the only one here who thinks that the controller design looks... well... bad? It seems bulky, cumbersome, and uncomfortable; not unlike the Xbox 1 controller.

Lord Dalek

If I've learned anything from Nintendo, its that their tech is cooler hands-on than in a sales presentation.

Expect to see everybody change their tune about the WiiU come this winter.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I just saw some new E3 gameplay footage for Anarchy Reigns. I have to be honest....I'm not too terribly impressed with it. The game looks OK, but the combat looks pretty underwhelming compared to their previous games, to be honest, and the frame-rate looks a bit too buggy at times. Perhaps the game will improve with time, but so far this is the first Platinum Games game that I'm not really all that excited for or interested in. Its kind of disappointing, but it still won't be released until early next year, so perhaps it will improve with time.

Spark Of Spirit

Asura's Wrath looks so fucking janky and generic.

Capcom sucks.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

At least it looks half-way decent compared to that DmC gameplay trailer. Capcom really needs to be shot in the ass for that.

In fact, I don't blame Ninja Theory at all. They aren't a developer suited to make a DMC game at all, but all they are doing is making it in their own way (which IMO is full of really stupid design choices but that's just from my point of view). I blame whichever idiot at Capcom decided it would be a good idea to outsource the development of a DMC game to them in the first place.

Spark Of Spirit

Spark Of Spirit

Watch this!

Then watch this!

You'll thank me later.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Quote from: Desensitized on June 07, 2011, 09:42:21 AM
Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on June 06, 2011, 11:46:38 PM
E3 really hasn't helped cure my apathy towards video games this year.

Tomorrow's another day though. Someone please give me a reason to buy another game at full price please.
Rayman Origins didn't even crack a smile from you?

Oh well, there's always KoFXIII, right? I heard this one is a complete game.

Eh, I think I was just cranky yesterday because I didn't get enough sleep the last few days.

I'm looking over the E3 stuff again and there seems to be a solid showing of games. It's just sad that most of them were overlooked since the major conferences were so focused on boasting about their systems new capabilities and how much support they have for them. That's probably what frustrated me, too much focus on the future rather than what's coming out soon. That and nothing made me cry manly tears like last year with the Donkey Kong Country Returns trailer.

So far, I'm really anticipating Paper Mario, King of Fighters XIII, Dragon's Crown, Luigi's Mansion 2, Super Mario 3DS, Street Fighter x Tekken, and Sound Shapes. I was also reminded Douk Nukem Forever and Catherine is coming out soon, so I have those to breeze through during the summer. I guess a 3DS is definitely on my Christmas list now with all these Mario titles coming out around the same time.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on June 08, 2011, 07:28:57 PM
Quote from: Desensitized on June 07, 2011, 09:42:21 AM
Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on June 06, 2011, 11:46:38 PM
E3 really hasn't helped cure my apathy towards video games this year.

Tomorrow's another day though. Someone please give me a reason to buy another game at full price please.
Rayman Origins didn't even crack a smile from you?

Oh well, there's always KoFXIII, right? I heard this one is a complete game.

Eh, I think I was just cranky yesterday because I didn't get enough sleep the last few days.

I'm looking over the E3 stuff again and there seems to be a solid showing of games. It's just sad that most of them were overlooked since the major conferences were so focused on boasting about their systems new capabilities and how much support they have for them. That's probably what frustrated me, too much focus on the future rather than what's coming out soon. That and nothing made me cry manly tears like last year with the Donkey Kong Country Returns trailer.

So far, I'm really anticipating Paper Mario, King of Fighters XIII, Dragon's Crown, Luigi's Mansion 2, Super Mario 3DS, Street Fighter x Tekken, and Sound Shapes. I was also reminded Douk Nukem Forever and Catherine is coming out soon, so I have those to breeze through during the summer. I guess a 3DS is definitely on my Christmas list now with all these Mario titles coming out around the same time.
I think what's bothering me is the crappy E3 coverage this year. I must have seen 500 different Uncharted 3 previews, but I haven't seen anyone talk about Renegade OPs (which looks like a revamp of Jackal), Heroes Of Ruin, Shinobi, or any DLC games. Coverage used to be wider scale than this.

But yeah, the one real fault was the lack of a big megaton announcement. The closest we got was probably Luigi's Mansion 2 and Smash Bros going to both 3DS and the new system. Everything else was kind of expected.

As far as E3's go, it's solid. Nothing too amazing.

gunswordfist

E3 has sucked so far. Motion sensoring is ruining the convention.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody